The map was first released in March 2001 for the original Counter-Strike game and is present in all games in the series. Apart from graphical updates, it underwent minimal changes after its initial release, before receiving a major revision in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in October 2017. The map has been popular with players since its initial release, and both its original and revised design in Global Offensive have been positively received by players and mapmakers. -Wikipedia
- Direct map layout port from the original game
- Complete map overhaul based on CS:GO
- Almost every faces are textured based on map details on CS:GO
- 32 adjusted spawn points to prevent "killed by worldspawn" scenario.
- A few scrolling clouds?
- Optimized for CS 1.6
- Extract the downloaded .zip file to and copy the contents into your "cstrike/czero" directory.
- Set the "gl_max_size" convar to "768" to enjoy full texture resolution. You can type in "gl_max_size 768" directly into the game console before starting a match or add the command into your "autoexec.cfg" file located inside your cstrike folder.
- If the map is too bright/too dark, you may set the "gamma" to "3" and "brightness" to "2" then restart the game. It is the default setting in CS 1.6.
- Just don't die easily in game :P
If you want custom footsteps sound, append these lines of text in "materials.txt" located in "cstrike/sound/".
// CSG_DUST2 D dust_sand_02 D brick_blend_05 D brick_blend_08 D brick_blend_09 D brick_blend_10 D bsiteb_spray W tspwn_crt01 W tspwn_crt02 W tspawn_crt03 W tspwn_crt04 W c1_dr W ceil_wood W crate01_ft W crate01_lf W crate01_tp W crate02_ft W crate02_lf W crate02_tp W crate03_ft W crate03_lf W crate03_tp W crate04_01 W crate04_02 W crate04_03 W crate04_04 W crate04_05 W crate05_bk W crate05_ft W crate05_lf W crate05_rt W crate05_tp M door_frame M dumpsterft M dumpsterrt M gate_02 W gate_tc2 W gate_tc2_frame W gate_tc_frmtp W gate_tocarve M metal_trim_01 Y sb_glass_01 W siteb1_crate01 W siteb1_crate03 W siteb_crate01 W siteb_crate02 W siteb_crate03 W siteb_crate04 W siteb_crate05 W siteb_crate06 W siteb_crate07 W siteb_crate08 W trim_03 M truckbk M truckft M trucklf M truckrr M trucktp W wdpllt W wood
Why is the map size a bit large? ~25mb.
- It is because I individually textured almost every face of the map for better fps in exchange of fairly larger bsp file size.
Why are some models not correctly lit?
- Engine limitation. Model entities are only sampled once. The lighting is based on the single root bone.
I'm lazy... and I find it hard to name every place correctly.
For the best experience with bots, download the navigation file by Tigre11ify here:
This is the final version of the map. If you found a minor bug, just treat it as an undiscovered feature. :)