Note: The difference in the Alt version is just the in game controls to allow swapping whithout looking downwards.
(Please Read the whole post before playing)
SAGE 2018 Post: Link
Sonic Mania Heroes is a Mania modification aiming to alter the gameplay of Sonic Mania, being a bit closer to Sonic Heroes.
The game stays unchanged for the most part, except for the gameplay.
In Sonic Mania Heroes, you have the possibility to create any team of 3 characters with the 5 available. (Sonic Mania Plus is highly recommended for this to work properly due to Mighty & Ray).
You'll also need to play either using a keyboard or an Xbox 360 controller !
Both "C" and "Z" unused buttons in Mania are used for this mod. (they can be remapped for Keyboard user via Mania's dev menu or simply mapped for LB and RB respectively on a 360 Controller via the mod)
In the menus, "C"/LB will changes the cursor's position while "Z"/RB will changes the character selected.
During gameplay, when all 3 characters are crouching, press the "Super Transform" button or "Z"/RB to swap characters.
Looking up and pressing the same button will teleports your partners to your X/Y coordinates. (unless a character is currently flying in).
- Playing as Sonic / Mighty / Ray will change the act clear jingle to a remix of SegaSonic's.
- Same with a team made of Knuckles / Knuckles / Knuckles.
- You cannot swap characters when in a "Super" state.
- Considering the current Mania modding state, several issues may happen.
- All 3 characters can be controlled by players.
- LJSTAR: Developer, custom switching mechanics, custom assets & coding.
- SuperSonic16: Co-developer, custom sprite rendering in the Save Select, optimized several parts of the code and wrote most of the structures.
- Matter: New act clear jingles for Sonic/Mighty/Ray and Knux/Knux/Knux teams respectively.
- CodenameGamma: For his discoveries in Mania's RAM. (The script that allows to have 3 characters in Mania Mode notably).