InformationThis mod aims at porting various Sonic Heroes content into Sonic Adventure DX. This stable release ports Seaside Hill, Sea Gate, Ocean Palace, Road Rock, Grand Metropolis and Power Plant with their objects and a few sounds. A WIP will soon be added to test out the ongoing stuff. This mod will only receive update when a level/content is fully done.
I've just done the easy part, thank CorvidDude, igorseabra, MainMemory, PkR, sewer56, Shadowth117, SonicFreak94, ItsEasyActually and everyone else involved in reverse-engineering both games!
This mod makes use of SonicFreak94's sadx-dc-lighting for lighting accuracy and better vertex alpha transparency. You can play fine without it, but some places might look off. It will rely on it for some lighting effects in Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion in the future.
Also thanks to Benji for testing out everything!
It is compatible with mostly everything as long as you run it afterwards
You need to set the camera to "free" in the pause menu
- TimTH's video of Seaside Hill: https://youtu.be/uzDda0vUsDg
CodenameGamma's video of Seaside Hill: https://youtu.be/L_KlVJ3EV3A (wrong camera) Overtime Gamer's speedrun of Seaside Hill: https://youtu.be/YZXzOc43kMU
- TimTH's video of Sea Gate: https://youtu.be/-cwMJydXCRk
- TimTH's video of Ocean Palace: https://youtu.be/KKCClwJKivo
CodenameGamma's video of Ocean Palace: https://youtu.be/ANT1wYwb-Hk
How to install
- If you have the 2004 PC version, go ahead and download MainMemory's Mod Loader; if you have the Steam version, please use PkR's installer to convert it.
- (recommended) Install sadx-dc-lighting (shaders & better transparency) and sadx-fixed-edition (keeps the camera "free" & other useful fixes)
- Install the mod. To use the 1-click installer, launch the Mod Loader, go in the "Options" tab and click on "Install URL Handler".
- When playing, use the "free" camera mode in the pause menu