This is basically my attempt at improving Classic Sonic's gameplay. Truth be told I actually don't despise his gameplay in forces like many other people do. The levels can honestly be pretty fun but that's all ruined by a severe lack of polish and bad physics. This mod aims to improve his overall gameplay by tweaking his physics, removing his speed cap, improving the graphics, and various other tweaks and fixes.
Tweaks / Changes
- Sonic's jump feels a lot less heavy and easier to control.
- Sonic's speed cap is removed when going down slopes.
- Sonic controls more like the classic games.
- Water phyiscs are more accurate to the classic games.
- The Spindash / Dropdash are more accurate to the classics / mania.
- Rolling is much more effective and feels more like the classic games.
- Sonic's appearance improved to match is renders more closely.
- Intrusive dash panels removed.
- Intrusive springs removed.
- The death signs from Generations are now present.
- The removal of auto scrolling from Iron Fortress.
- Super Sonic is much faster than he normally is.
- S ranks are harder to get.
- Various other improvements.
Play As Classic Sonic In 3D
- 3D DropDash!
- Better controls to make Classic more playable in 3D.
- Download "Classic Sonic In Modern Stages" to try it out!
- This isn't compatible with other physics mods for the most part but Cornflakerush's Modern Sonic Physics mod is optionally included in the "+ Modern Tweaks" downloads. (the version included is a bit more updated than his current one as he hasn't gotten around to updating it yet.)
- This mod isn't compatible with skin changes either but that only applies to skins that change Classic Sonic specifically. If you want to make your Classic Sonic skin compatible then take a look at this tutorial!
- Custom levels are compatible but they should be loaded below this mod within the mod loader menu. This will prioritize the level mod over the improvement mod. Anything else should be above this mod so it has priority.
- As long as credit is given, you may use stuff from this mod for your own mods. This includes packing the physics stuff and/or using the fall signs in your own stage mods.
READ THIS: Some tweaks require a patch to the exe. Please read the "Readme" included in the download for more info how to do this. If you don't you'll miss out on the extended speed shoes and such but most of the mod should work fine.