1. Contest BriefParticipants have 10 weeks, from the 15th of September 2016 until Midnight (GMT) on the 22nd of December 2016 to create, test and upload an original or Day of Defeat inspired map for Day of Infamy (www.dayofinfamy.com)
(*All prizes are subject to participant eligibility. No cash value. The contest Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right to change or remove the prize structure at any point with or without reason.)
1. Sub PrizesIn addition to the prizes stated above GameBanana will also be offering a sub-prize for the best development blog, work in progress or tutorial created throughout the process.
This is an entirely optional part of the contest and is open to members of all communities.
To enter simply create either a development blog / work in progress page OR a level design tutorial / guide for Day of Infamy on either GameBanana, MapCore or the Insurgency Forums.
Entries must be uploaded on or before Midnight (GMT) on the 22nd of December 2016, and include “[DoI Contest]” in the title. Entries will be judged by members of the GameBanana team, as they appeared at the deadline.. No changes or updates are permitted during the judging phase.
1st Place: $100
2nd Place: $50
3rd Place: $25
1.1. SubmittingTWO (2) copies of the map are required for this contest, and must be uploaded on or before the deadline. The primary version (used for judging) must be submitted to GameBanana.com and placed in the “Day of Infamy > Mapping Contest 2016” category.
The second version must be uploaded to the Day of Infamy Steam Workshop
No changes to the downloadable file can be made during the judging phase. Please remember to ensure that all relevant custom content is included, and that your map is thoroughly tested.
1.2. Judging CriteriaMaps will be judged by the developers at New World along with the staff at MapCore and GameBanana. Each map will be scored on the following categories, and given a total score out of 100.
- Gameplay (40 marks)
- Visuals (30 marks)
- Originality (15 marks)
- Performance / Optimization (15 marks)
1.3. Rules and Frequently asks Questions
- The submission must be a playable map for the PC version of Day of Infamy.
- Remakes of existing maps are not allowed, however maps inspired by classic DoD maps are encouraged.
- Entries must be submitted to the Day of Infamy mapping contest section of BOTH GameBanana.com and the Steam Workshop before the deadline.
- Multiple entries are permitted, however submissions will be judged on individual quality rather than quantity.
- Team based entries are permitted, however the entrants will have to agree how to split any prizes awarded, prior to prize claim and dispatch.
- It is essential to thoroughly test your submission before the deadline as entries cannot be modified during the judging phase. Exceptions: Changes to the submission profile are permitted after the deadline, provided they are purely aesthetic and that the map file does not change. (E.g. Editing the description / screenshots)
- Maps that were under creation prior to the announcement of this contest can be entered, provided a completed version has not been released for public Download.
- All custom textures, models or code must be contained within the download file or embedded into the .bsp.
- Authors are free to share their content on any other websites or services they wish, however the file must remain free to download and play, without requiring membership or payment.
- If the submission is distributed on an external website or service, it must clearly state that the submission was created for the "GameBanana/MapCore Day of Infamy Mapping Contest 2016" .
- Authors must be able to accept cash payments via paypal and will be required to fill in a prize claim form prior to payment. Winners of hardware and physical products will also be required to provide a valid shipping address.
- Judges and individuals associated with organising this contest cannot enter or assist entrants.
- Entries must clearly state which game mode the level is designed for.
- Participant eligibility: The “GameBanana / MapCore Day of Infamy Mapping Contest 2016” is open to any individual, or teams of individuals, provided they comply with the following:
- Participants may not be an employee of the “Organiser” or “Sponsors”.
- Participants may not have taken part in the preparation or announcement of this
- Participants may not be a direct relative, spouse, direct employee, or long term
- Legal Age: This contest is open to any individual who meet the above “participant eligibility” criteria. In the event of participant who has not reached the legal age in his/her state winning one or more prizes defined below, he/she must provide contact details for the legal guardian who will claim the prize(s).