We are excited to announce our collaboration with Octoshark Studios, the creators of the excellent Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II!
Together with this contest we hope to give you a chance to get your texturing skills added to the official mod as well as helping support to PVKII to continue to grow and improve.
Don't forget that 5 is the minimum and a major rework of the maps textures would be looked upon more favourably by the judges. Textures can also include material skins for prop models inside the map, but nothing that involves game wide models such as chests, ammo, etc.
To request a copy of the vmf, you need to fill out >>>this form<<<. When filling out that form and downloading the vmf you must agree to the terms and conditions detailed at the top of the form.
Don't forget that the modification is free to download on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/17570/
All textures will first go through a judging stage by the GameBanana team. From the entrants we will pass a shortlist of the best entries to several judges from the PVKII team who will pick the winners.
The judges will include Jahhur, the original map creator, Ubermann, their go to mapping extraordinaire, and Gaz, the creator of their most polished, classic maps island and pinegrove.
To qualify the texture pack must be uploaded to the following category Pirates Vikings and Knights II > GameBanana/PVKII Contest on or before May the 22nd 2015.
#Things to consider
- This is meant to be a texture rework and so you shouldn't be changing gameplay elements in the map.
- You must include at least 5 new textures/elements in your submission. 5 is the minimum and a major rework of the maps textures would be looked upon more favourably by the judges
- The map is made for the Booty Game Mode
- The material resolution max is 2048x2048
- Textures can also include material skins for prop models inside the map, but nothing that involves game wide models such as chests, ammo, etc.
- The map has some decent touched up hl2 textures that could be for influence and ideally replaced
- map was creatively made by jahhur (and others) is well optimized (thanks to uberman), and is mostly brushwork giving content creators plenty of surfaces to work with
- It is a great map that deserves some more attention as it can sometimes be forgotten
#Information on the map
Forgotten takes you to a long lost empire hidden within enduring, hidden mountains. The overgrown foliage and un-sustained architecture hint that this place has been abandoned for quite some time. Each team spawns in their own area of this lost civilization and has only one interest - to capture and hold as much treasure as possible. All three teams start each round with 1 chest; there are 3 additional chests scattered throughout the map. Each team must hold as many chests as possible until their counter reaches zero.
Created by Jahhur, edited by blade, and optimized by Ubermann, bt_forgotten has gone through all but one necessary transformation. Now is your opportunity to contribute and publish your work into an established, free Steam mod quicker than you thought possible. On the journey to become 100% stand alone we hope to give our maps what they truly deserve. May you be the one to sculpt the true beauty and detail potential of this gem of a map? Will you leave your mark on this world so your contribution will never be forgotten?
Want to read more about this map, you can find more information here http://wiki.pvkii.com/index.php?title=Forgotten
Here are some photos of the dry, tranquil bt_forgotton to... whet your appetite!
###Setting up for PVK 3.1
###Additional supporting information for working with Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer