Introduction:To celebrate the integration of mod support to Insurgency, GameBanana.com are proud to partner with New World Interactive and Razer to bring you the Official Insurgency Mapping Contest.
GameBanana will select the top 10 maps submitted and send to New World Interactive (NWI) for final judging after the contest closes. NWI will also be publishing weekly tutorials on how to design and build a map for Insurgency, even creating a new map in parallel and sharing how it progresses, these will be available both on GameBanana and as Steam Guides.
Judging Criteria:Maps will be reviewed by the staff from GameBanana.com and each map will be scored on the following categories, and given a total score out of 100.
- Gameplay (50 marks)
- Visuals (20 marks)
- Performance / Optimisation (10 marks)
- Originality (20 marks)
- 1st place: $1,000 Cash, (1x) Razer 14” Blade Gaming Laptop, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, and the distinction of having their map become an official part of Insurgency.
- 2nd place: $800 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, plus the map may be included in the game.
- 3rd place: $200 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
- 4th place: $100 Cash Prize, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
GameBanana will also be offering an additional $50 bonus prize for whoever produces the best Work In Progress (WIP) series either as a blog, forum post or using the WIP system on GameBanana, detailing the creation of their map, from initial concept through to final release.
To qualify simply post a thread in the Insurgency > Mapping Contest Discussion forum linking to your WIP series.
*All prizes are subject to participant eligibility. No cash value. The contest Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right to change or remove the prize structure at any point with or without reason.
Submitting:TWO (2) copies of the map are required for this contest, and must be uploaded on or before the deadline. The primary version (used for judging) must be submitted to GameBanana.com and placed in the “Insurgency-> Mapping Contest 2014” category:
No changes to the downloadable file can be made during the judging phase, so please remember to ensure that all relevant materials and custom content are included.
Rules Page, or downloaded as a PDF here.
New World Interactive Mapping Series:Each week the developers of Insurgency will be running a blog/tutorial detailing how to come up with inspiration and walking through the creation of an insurgency map from start to finish.
- Part 1: Introduction, Inspiration, and SDK.
- Part 2: Gameplay design theory.
- Part 3: Multiplayer Entity Setup.
- Part 4: Coming soon!