Fallout 3 Icon FO3 Thread

Mod deletion

SEX! Ok, we got your attention. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending ninjaPANDA points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Join the community!

Already a Bananite? Login

I'm stuffed full of mods!

After I discovered the Fallout 3 nexus site, I packed Fallout 3 full of useful mods (and some not so useful :P ). And now, the game has become unplayable, lag everywhere. Random crashes when quicksaving in specific areas, nv4_disp.dll stop working when entering Rivet City, etc...etc...etc. My question: How would I delete all my mods and retextures without REALLY messing up my core game? What files/folders are safe/unsafe to delete? Points for the right answer! (100) (I hope that's enough)

• 8y
    Well, its really hard to find, youll have to go through all the downloaded files and remove them one by one, while looking at the download with the file names

and sometimes you cant delete them, as in, they overwrite some stuff, so basically, reinstalling is the easiest way

(could be another way though :P)
    NOT FBI avatar
    Mantra
    NOT FBI
  • 8y
    Spiderbloke avatar
    Member Joined 9y
    653 points Ranked 6735th
    Uninstalling (as I've discovered) will remove the core game files, leaving any custom content behind. You could then just delete whats left behind.

So yes, a fresh install would be best tbh.
    Bananite

Shareable Image:
Share banner
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

More embeddable images

Bookmark and Share

Submitter

ninjaPANDA avatar
ninjaPANDA Offline
Member Joined 9y