1.1. How do I register?Creating an account at GameBanana is very simple. All you need is a username, a valid email (as you will need to confirm your account) and a password. Click here to access the registration form. Registration is free and offers a wide variety of features, including:
- Posting new submissions
- Replying to other peoples' submissions
- Editing your posts
- Receiving email notification of things you specify
- Sending private messages to other members
And many more!
1.2. How do I log-in?In order to log-in to the site, you will need to know your user account name and password. Simply click the link here, and you will be redirected to the log-in screen.
1.3. How do I reset my password?If you have lost your account password, you will need to use the password reset form located here.
1.4. I didn't receive an activation email, what can I do?Please make sure to check your spam or junk folder for the email. You can also request to have another activation email sent to you here.
If you still do not receive it, try adding @GameBanana.com to your email provider's whitelist.
1.5. Can I retrieve my account password if I no longer have access to my old email address?In short, yes. However, you will have to provide proof of ownership for the account you are inquiring about. This means, you must know the original email registered to the account. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Account: (userID, name or link to the account)
- Email: (the registered email address)
- Any other information that would help us identify the account
2.1. What is a submission?In a nutshell, a submission is any type of content that you submit to the site. Whether it's a skin, map, gui, texture, etc. It provides you with a way to display your work, allows others to download your content & provide constructive feedback to help you improve!
2.2. How can I create a submission?We have made it very easy to submit content to the site by adding a page dedicated to that. You can access it here. Simply click on section you wish to add your content to and follow through with the form.
2.3. What does it mean when my submission is flagged, withheld or trashed?
- A submission is flagged when it violates our site rules. Simply check the flag page of your submission and make the necessary changes if applicable. A staff member will soon review the submission and trash the flags if you have made the proper change(s).
- A submission is withheld if it is flagged 4 times, or by a staff member. You will need to make appropriate changes to your submission to get it re-listed. Simply make a post on the unwithhold page of the submission and a staff member will review your submission to have it re-listed. More information can be found here in regards to the withholding process.
- A submission is trashed if it is in direct violation of our site rules. It if important to understand that once a submission is trashed, you are not to re-upload it or you risk being gagged.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT re-submit content that has been withheld or trashed by a staff member (unless granted permission). This will only result in your newest submission being trashed.
2.4. How do I edit or trash my submission?On the submission profile, simply click the Edit (
2.5. A submission is breaking the site rules, what are my options?If you have come across a submission that breaks our site rules, you have a couple of options in order to notify the staff. The first option you should always resort to is flagging the submission if available (submissions cannot be flagged after two weeks have passed since its creation). Staff will be able to see flagged submissions via our admin panel. The second option is to use the report button (
2.6. Images are failing to load or I'm having trouble uploading a file.If you are having issues with images not loading, or upload issues read on!
- Hard refresh (Ctrl + F5).
- Try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall you have running as it may be interfering. Also, make sure GameBanana's file server is not blacklisted (http://files.gamebanana.com). If it is, whitelist it.
Upload issues (error 2038, upload stops at 100%)
- Make sure you have the latest flash version (download the latest here). Note: Chrome users will have to wait for the next browser update as flash is already bundled in and cannot be manually updated.
- Some browser add-ons are known to cause issues such as FlashBlock, disable these.
- Try disabling any anti-virus or firewall you have running as it may be interfering with your connection.
3.1. SettingsThe settings panel is where you control your personal settings, options and preferences.
3.2. How do I change my settings?You can change your settings by clicking the wrench (
3.3. I'm not receiving email or activity log notifications, why?You need to navigate to the "Settings" area in the navigation pane and select "Notifications." Here you will be presented with the ability to enroll in our monthly newsletters, receive emails notifications and get activity log notices for a number of events.
3.4. I received a ban and would like to appeal it, how can I do this?If you have been banned from the GameBanana network, you may dispute your ban by emailing email@example.com. Be sure to include your username and or userID.
3.5. I received a gag, what is this?A gag means you have either seriously violated our site rules, or you have been a repeat offender. When you are gagged from a section(s) you will not be able to upload content to those section(s) until your gag has expired.
3.6. A user is harassing me, what can I do to stop him?If you are being harassed, create a support ticket immediately and include all relevant information and or link(s). You also have the option of blocking the user(s). This is available in the unlocks section.
3.7. How can I earn points?Points can be earned in a variety of ways. You can earn points by:
- Posting (you need to have at least 1 exemplary feedback to earn points this way)
- Submitting content
- Having a post exemplified
- Being gifted by a friend or staff member for community work
Here is a breakdown of our points chart.
3.8. Can I have more than one account?Users may only have ONE account, NO exceptions. If you are found to be using two accounts, the newest one will be banned.
3.9. How do I delete my account?Accounts cannot be deleted. They can, however, be "ghosted" by using the Scrubber option in your account's settings page. The Scrubber will end your membership on GameBanana, and delete or scramble public, personal data that could identify you as a "natural person" as per the EU's GDPR requirements. This personal data includes:
- Avatar & personal images
- Contact info (if set)
This data will be erased, scrambled or anonymized. After scrubbing, you will not be able to log in, and you will lose control of untrashed submissions and posts. To learn more about the Scrubber, please see this page for more information.