Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Are you proud of this?

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike 1.6

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!

Is this what you wanted?

English:
So, the content of CS: GO has taken over CS 1.6 (in gamebana).

Originality no longer exists, the content that users upload is boring and predictable, there is already so much CS: GO content that it is already boring.

Several modders have retired from the world of modding by fucking CS: GO.

ElektroMod has complained about this (which by the way is banned)

GODOFTUTORIAL was a Latin modeler who did excellent work, but one of the causes of his retirement was the repetitive content of CS: GO. His work was valued less and less.

The content of CS: GO is boring, repetitive and too predictable, although there are some original works referring to CS: GO (Like this one: https://gamebanana.com/wips/50324 that I certainly love this project) almost everything What has to do with CS: GO is boring, people believe that changing textures in weapons is already modeler (I admit that the same thing happened to me) or that changing a model's gloves is already a "modeler" .

Sincerely, on my YouTube channel I had a CS: GO weapon pack up (although at that time I didn't think the same as now)

I would love to be a modeler to be able to do original works and keep the CS: 16 modding alive, but my computer is not so good and knowledge about modding is almost nil, all the posts I have made in GM have been questions referring to modding, to bring something different and original.

Changing the subject, another modeler who recently retired is Dmitry Litinov (also known as "Romeo (L)"), I don't know the reasons for his retirement, I don't know if it's because of the content of CS: GO or something else, but He was one of the few active modelers who still kept the community uploading original content.

The original content is being lost, I know it takes a lot of work to make a model and sometimes it can be much easier to do something of the CS: GO, getting to this point is deplorable.

# FuckCSGO

Thanks google translate

Español:
Asi que, el contenido de CS:GO se a apoderado de CS 1.6 (in gamebana).

La originalidad ya no existe, el contenido que los usuarios suben es aburrido y predecible, ya hay tanto contenido de CS:GO que ya es aburrido.

Varios modders se han retirado del mundo del modding por el puto CS:GO.

ElektroMod se ha quejado de esto (Que por cierto esta baneado)

GODOFTUTORIAL era un modeler latino que hacia excelentes trabajos, pero una de las causas de su retiro fue el contenido repetitivo de CS:GO. Su trabajo era valorado cada vez menos.

El contenido de CS:GO es aburrido, repetitivo y demasiado predecible, si bien hay algunos trabajos originales referidos al CS:GO (Como este:  https://gamebanana.com/wips/50324 que por cierto me encanta este proyecto) casi todo lo que tiene que ver con CS:GO es aburrido, la gente cree que por cambiar texturas en unas armas ya es modeler (admito que me pasaba lo mismo) o que por cambiar los guantes de un model, ya esta siendo un "modeler". 

sinceramente en mi canal de youtube tenia un pack de armas de CS:GO subido (Aunque en ese momento no pensaba igual que ahora) 

Me encantaria ser modeler para poder hacer trabajos originales y mantener vivo el CS:16 modding, pero mi computadora no es tan buena y conocimiento sobre modding es casi nulo, todas los post que hecho en GM han sido preguntas referidas al modding, para traer algo diferente y original.

Cambiando de tema, otro modeler que recientemente se retiro es Dmitry Litinov (tambien conocido como "Romeo (L)"), no se las causas de su retiro, no se si es por culpa del contenido de CS:GO o otra cosa, pero el era uno de los pocos modelers activos que aun mantenian viva a la comunidad que subia contenido original.

El contenido original se esta perdiendo, se que cuesta mucho trabajo hacer un model y a veces puede resultar mucho mas facil hacer algo del CS:GO, llegar hasta este punto es deplorable.

#A.La.Mierda.El.CSGO

• nicxgamer avatar
    nicxgamer Joined 1y ago
    254 points Ranked 53450th
    access_time 1mo
    #FuckCSGO
    • Fail x 1
    • Funny x 2
    • Burn x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Comrade_Shephard avatar
    Comrade_Shephard Joined 5y ago
    5,377 points Ranked 1244th
    22 medals 2 rare
    • Submitted 50 Skins Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    Honestly i saw only 3 - 4 CS:GO related submissions on the cs 1.6 frontpage, other than that its other cool maps and skins.

Not that big of a deal IMO
    • Agree x 1
    c17:i4 avatar
    Mantra
    c17:i4
    URL to post:
  • Logitechhhhh avatar
    Logitechhhhh Joined 9y ago
    1,489 points Ranked 22030th
    19 medals 3 rare
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Submitted 20 Maps Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    Tbh, porting CS:GO skins, items, maps etc.., wasn't too bad.
    Like me. I like CS:GO's skin, items, maps, but I usually play CS1.6.
    So I really like someone make these skins, items, any CS:GO works port into CS1.6
    It wasn't bad. It't proud for modders.
    • Correct x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • TheBubblegumGoth avatar
    TheBubblegumGoth Joined 2mo ago
    124 points Ranked 64666th
    5 medals 1 rare
    • 1 post awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 5 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    I don't see a problem here. If you can't compete with cs:go mods then it's your problem, not people who port it. And, IMHO, cs:go ports has a lot of weakness like high e_poly and "plastic", unaesthetic look. Personally, I preffer low poly weapons/models and atmosphere maps which are not just the copy of something, but it's personal preferences.
    Bananite
    URL to post:
  • Bobito Pawner avatar
    Bobito Pawner Joined 10y ago
    9,063 points Ranked 692nd
    34 medals 5 legendary 7 rare
    • 2017 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Submitted 100 Skins Medal icon
    • 30 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Reached 100 subscribers Medal icon
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    access_time 1mo edit 1mo
    I think the meaning of the modeller is quite off but often misused term in this site. 

Modeller is one doing models like the mesh, addition, subtraction, etc... 

Texture artist are crazy ass addicts who loves to paint lightings and scratches and do a lot of materials like leather, metal, wood, fabric, etc.. 

Animators are making the model move, does the rigs too.

Compiler is good with attaching other models, and is commonly known as hacking models. 

3d artist is all of the above. 

You are not a modeller when you just do recolors or first time modelling. 

You should call them modder, simply doing recolors cannot consider you a modeller.

Anyways, I agree but mostly only recolors are shit. Optimization is fun though
    I like to mub et, mub et!
    URL to post:
  • Tenryuu avatar
    Tenryuu Joined 10y ago
    away
    2,910 points Ranked 19856th
    49 medals 9 legendary 9 rare
    • Returned 5000 times Medal icon
    • Received thanks 500 times Medal icon
    access_time 1mo edit 1mo
    “CS: GO has taken over CS 1.6 “

You on time.

“Originality no longer exists”
    8 years. No one make new content, only ports from different games and old models raping. You again on time.

“ElektroMod has complained about this (which by the way is banned)“
    Self request ban, because he busy in real life. Don’t make him a martyr.

"Sincerely, on my YouTube channel I had a CS: GO weapon pack up (although at that time I didn't think the same as now)"
    Double standards and hypocrisy.

“Changing the subject, another modeler who recently retired is Dmitry Litinov“
    Ripping models from different game does not make him a modeler.

“I would love to be a modeler to be able to do original works and keep the CS: 16 modding alive, but my computer is not so good“
    Gold Source engine has a minimum entry threshold. Who wants make custom stuff for cs1.6, he makes opportunities, instead writing shitposting threads. Old-gen PC? Buy new PC or use outdated modding tools, which stuck with your PC spec.
    • Agree x 2
    • Epic win x 1
    怖いか?
    URL to post:
  • Romeo (L) avatar
    Romeo (L) username pic Joined 8y ago
    On a Nightrain
    Outlaws Flag Affiliation: Outlaws
    22,495 points Ranked 231st
    41 medals 9 legendary 9 rare
    • Submitted 100 WiPs Medal icon
    Romeo (L) avatar
    Romeo (L)
    Outlaws Flag
    Affiliation
    Outlaws
    access_time 1mo
    I haven't retired because of CSGO, simply got tired of modding. And I want to play a bit with those toys I've made already, as all I was doing - only creating and not using works done at all =)

As for CSGO - never liked any of those ugly models. Not to mention, that I count people using those colorful crap to be people with troubles in mental and intellectual growth. Those things may go when you're not elder than 6-8 years old, but if later it brings a lot of questions to such persons. 

Definetely - a plus to the developers that made lots of money on this circus, being a businessman myself I'm capable to value good commercial decisions. Only scared a bit of that mass of zombified people that spend money on those 100% useless things. However - every business needs those idiots to stay alive. Mine needs either =)
    • Agree x 3
    • Interesting x 1
    • Epic win x 1
    • Burn x 1
    Nightrain, never to return! avatar
    Mantra
    Nightrain, never to return!
    URL to post:
  • CS PRO avatar
    CS PRO username pic Joined 6y ago
    HL Manager CS:CZ Manager HL2 Manager CS:GO Manager Baldi Manager BM Manager CS:S Manager CS1.6 Manager
    GL out there!
    CS:GO Ports Flag Affiliation: CS:GO Ports
    55,002 points Ranked 74th
    44 medals 6 legendary 6 rare
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    CS PRO avatar
    CS PRO
    CS:GO Ports Flag
    Affiliation
    CS:GO Ports
    access_time 1mo edit 1mo
    Firstly, I appreciate you like my pack WiP. I'll try to deliver my best with that ^^.

Secondly, the CS:GO porting movement is way much slower than how it was 3-4 years ago. 90% of GO related submissions in the section are simply Olaf spamming the hell out of his ports which really took over the homepage. If we removed all these then only 10-20% of the new submissions are GO related..

The GO related content did some damage but you can't make it the reason of others retiring from modding and skinning. As a modder who somehow *abused* GO content during my career (well in a bit more creative way than most others..) I do feel bored from that. I'm planning to have the WiP pack to be the last GO port submission for a while.

You have to consider that the Goldsrc engine is now 21+ years old, modding it is way more limited than Source or other modern engines. Limitations in Goldsrc can be exaggerating sometimes for both skinners and mappers. Porting content from a Source game for example is easy to pick up but hard to master and be done correctly and with quality.

Btw you don't need a powerful PC to make decent Goldsrc mods, check my laptop's specs in my profile and you'll understand (And those aren't the minimum for Goldsrc modding either..)
    • Agree x 2
    Never been so positive avatar
    Mantra
    Never been so positive
    URL to post:
  • NoobKing07 avatar
    NoobKing07 Joined 9mo ago
    292 points Ranked 51592nd
    access_time 1mo
    I must admit, it's very repetetive,
    cs 1.6 or cf idk but yes avatar
    Mantra
    cs 1.6 or cf idk but yes
    URL to post:
  • soyagustinariel avatar
    soyagustinariel Joined 2y ago
    5,931 points Ranked 1133rd
    9 medals 1 rare
    • Submitted 5 Maps Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    Personally I don't like csgo-like content, I'm part of that minority. I do never download high quality skins and maps, I think they don't fit with the game; and that is why I make my own content. It sucks until you learn how to make your skins and maps. About the thread... everybody have their preferences and this place is for everybody, making a thread against csgo content is no more than a waste of time for you.
    Dreamer
    URL to post:
  • Caeusthellv avatar
    Caeusthellv username pic Joined 3y ago
    DX
    951 points Ranked 41310th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Submission featured Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    Agree, I mean CS:GO repetitive mod (usually just some texture) is acceptable but cs 1.6 need more that than

XD XD XD
    URL to post:
  • SlaYeR5530 avatar
    SlaYeR5530 username pic Joined 8y ago
    17,925 points Ranked 307th
    22 medals 1 legendary 4 rare
    • Submitted 50 WiPs Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • 4th Place - Summertime Skinning Contest Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    CSGO ports themselves are fine, its skins are main problem i see here. Thats the reason why this site is flooded with all that copy paste content. Users here will always look for stuff like this and theres nothing we can do because no one will make a cumulative skin pack, releasing single skins earn more points
    • Agree x 2
    • Epic win x 1
    • Correct x 1
    Teh animathur avatar
    Mantra
    Teh animathur
    URL to post:
  • Ezequiel-TM avatar
    Ezequiel-TM username pic Joined 6y ago
    MUGEN Manager HL Manager SC Manager CS1.6 Manager CS:CZ Manager Moderator
    you do not see
    Life Tree Flag Affiliation: Life Tree
    7,264 points Ranked 882nd
    52 medals 6 legendary 14 rare
    • Submitted 50 Maps Medal icon
    Ezequiel-TM avatar
    Ezequiel-TM
    Life Tree Flag
    Affiliation
    Life Tree
    access_time 1mo edit 1mo
    [ES]
    • GoldSrc es un motor con mas de 20 años de antiguedad, si se han hecho modelos de todo tipos y tamaños, obviamente se va a acabar la originalidad tarde o temprano, no digo que ya no haya originalidad, todavia existe, pero es menor que en sus inicios, ademas que mucha gente prefiere jugar juegos modernos a un juego de hace casi 20 años.
    • Elektromod no fue baneado por quejarse, fue baneado por que el mismo pidió ser baneado.
    • Yo en mis inicios usaba una computadora con 1GB de ram y prosesador Intel Atom, y adivina, con ese poquito pude hacer modelos originales como este, es cierto que puede tardarse mas en crear mod usando una computadora antigua pero no es imposible. ademas, crear un port es mas laborioso y tardado que crear un modelo original.
    • Correct x 1
    • Agree x 1
    Synonym of quality avatar
    Mantra
    Synonym of quality
    URL to post:
  • RaphaelDrewBoltman avatar
    RaphaelDrewBoltman username pic Joined 2y ago
    SH Manager ShTH Manager
    in the studio.
    265 points Ranked 61636th
    13 medals 1 rare
    • Achieved Game Manager clearance Medal icon
    • Became a Studio Leader Medal icon
    access_time 1mo
    in my point of view, modders made CS:GO weapons/skins for CS so they can make their own project or CS:GO-to-CS port mod or even someone picking the ported mods to make their own projects or modpacks.
    i think it's ok to create ports like that so people who cant afford CS:GO (i mean in storage space or driver problems) play it at least on CS.
    music artist avatar
    Mantra
    music artist
    URL to post:
  • etsuuu avatar
    etsuuu Joined 5y ago
    CS1.6 Manager
    off
    Cell 1 Flag Affiliation: Cell 1
    6,081 points Ranked 1099th
    43 medals 8 legendary 9 rare
    etsuuu Cell 1 Flag
    Affiliation
    Cell 1
    access_time 1mo
    Half of dudes can't even rig properly let alone make something original... Even compilers don't have any original ideas. No one cares anyway, just look olaf, boring cs go port after another. Romeo likes weird things ( that's okay i guess ), rest of guys are just short on creativity and only people who i see as true 1.6 elite is bobito, tenryuu, foofino and ofc the king myself as always. Am selfish and narcissist and wasted, but it's okay you'r welcome.
    Ama god boi
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

nicxgamer avatar
nicxgamer Joined 1y ago
254 points Ranked 53450th