Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Entity Editing and that stuff. (Maniac Editor)

A Forum Thread for Sonic Mania

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
So. I'm making this personal mod for a group of friends. I am trying to make new Badniks for some zones. 
Me being a guy who doesn't know how to mod that much I know very little about creating entirely new entities and HEX edit them. (I assume they're made by HEX editing and that crap.)
I go into a sprite sheet. Or. A .gif file of the Enemies and I make a new enemy within the sprite sheet.
Then I decide to copy a .BIN file of an existing enemy. (I'm using a Spiny from Chemical Plant Zone for this one)
I edit the .BIN file using the RSDK Animation editor which worked out great for me. 
Opening Maniac Editor. (The newest version I believe. I have the Positivity version. Not gonna lie. It is pretty positive!)  I import the original Spiny.BIN file from Chemical Plant into the Zone I want it inside. This being Titanic Monarch Zone. 
It appears normally inside Maniac Editor but in game it appears as a Spiny with a Titanic Monarch paint job. ...Gone wrong. 
My problem is that I want my sprite to appear over the Spiny. Which isnt happening. It is on Maniac Editor but not in the game itself, You know what I mean? 
It's kinda hard to explain since this is a private mod...
Thanks in advance.
-Rando

P.S. I am also trying to avoid affecting the Spiny in Chemical Plant Zone. I just want it changed in this zone. 
  • Flame the Maniaac avatar
    Flame the Maniaac Joined 2y ago
    5,369 points Ranked 1238th
    18 medals 1 legendary 2 rare
    • 2019 Top Contributor Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    access_time 2mo
    There's several things wrong with your post.

1. Positivity doesn't work properly in the newer versions, CarJem has a version that's been constantly updated for a better UI, ease of access and overall utility.
    2. You can't even make custom enemies period. If we could, we could make custom bosses and turn the game on it's head, making it get on it's knees and do as we say.
    3. Copying a .bin file does nothing. If it wasn't in the original game, it can't be manipulated. Which is why you commonly see people reusing the game's current stage and sprite folders. You either edit the original or you get nothing. (The exception is for sprite files, you can add more sheets with the animation editor, which is why you commonly see a Sonic5 or Sonic6.gif.)
    The Pana of Sonic Mania avatar
    Mantra
    The Pana of Sonic Mania
    URL to post:

Embed

Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Game