Switching the run animations from bot to human.

A Forum Thread for Team Fortress 2

Yo, buddy. We are one of the oldest mod sites on the Interwebs. Sign up and maximize your browsing experience.

• Subscribe: Get notified of new submissions like this.
  • Say Thanks: Show your appreciation by sending AR-11319 points.
  • Flag: Alert moderators and warn members of a problem with this Thread.
  • Watch: Get notified when this Thread is updated.
Mascot

Stop Lurking!

Already a Bananite? Login

So, hopefully you all have seen the legged medic bot mod that is in the Robot section of TF2's Skin category.

What I am trying to do is create a new player model that can replace the human medic with the legged robot. So far, it's going GREAT. I'm using the Enhanced Robot's bot_medic_animations.mdl for the animations, and so far, it works perfectly. The robot model can use all the taunts, correctly uses all animations except 2. When it is idle, the robot sways as if it's the wheeled version, but the legs actually move with it and looks pretty realistic(As in it's been there for it). I didn't even do anything to change that!

But I am having 1 tiny issue...

The run animations/cycle for primary and secondary weapons (syringe guns and mediguns) don't work correctly. Melee work perfectly fine, but let me explain.

The model slides. When you move holding any primary or secondary weapons, it glides along the floor not moving his legs.

I do believe that it has something to do with the .smd files when you decompile the bot_medic_animations.mdl, but when I copy the .smd for what I think is for running from the human medic animations to the bot's animations, crowbar always gives me the error:

SMD MODEL bot_medic_animations_anims\layer_null___.smd

SMD MODEL bot_medic_animations_anims\null___.smd

ERROR: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\custom\robot medic (no robot anims)\models\player\animations\decompiled 0.44\bot_medic_animations.qc(2976): - Duplicate sequence name "layer_null___"

I don't see either of these files in both decompiled animations for the medic and his counterpart, so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Am I doing this right, or is there another way I should go about this? because everything is perfect except these animation cycle issues.

I have no way of making a video to explain my issue, so that's kinda out of the door if you need any examples.

• 8d
    AR-11319 avatar
    AR-11319 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 1y
    360 points Ranked 7893rd
    "I do believe that it has something to do with the .smd files when you decompile the bot_medic_animations.mdl, but when I copy the .smd for what I think is for running from the human medic animations to the bot's animations, crowbar always gives me the error:"

In this, I am referring to when I compile the animation's .mdl I get this error. Sorry for typo.
    GB Lurker
  • 8d
    ficool2 avatar
    ficool2 avatar Offline
    Member Joined 3y
    765 points Ranked 6178th
    17 medals 3 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • 10 submissions featured Medal icon
    • Reached 50 subscribers Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    You will need to re-do the animations. Some animations are impossible to decompile correctly
    Somewhat inactive modder.

Embed

Share banner
Image URL:
HTML embed code:
BB embed code:
Markdown embed code:

Submitter

AR-11319 avatar
AR-11319 avatar Offline
Member Joined 1y
360 points Ranked 7893rd