Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

CS:GO - missing gamemode in workshop map

A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

No ads for members. Membership is 100% free. Sign up!
Looking for help from someone who's been dealing with workshop publishing. [This map here](http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419006720 "This map here") is missing Arms Race mode when trying to launch it as custom, workshop map from Play menu. Deathmatch and Custom modes are available and seem to work fine. If I leave only Arms Race mode (which the level was designed for in the first place), there are no game modes available in game for this map at all. Really have no idea what's going on, never dealt with those pesky workshops and their integration with CS:GO. Googling yields tons of garbage copypasted tutorials on installing content, not publishing it. Any ideas?
  • will2k avatar
    will2k username pic Joined 9y ago
    32,967 points Ranked 139th
    30 medals 2 legendary 7 rare
    • 1st Place - Tutorials Contest Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    will2k avatar
    will2k
    Map Critic
    access_time 5y
    The publishing should be pretty straight-forward; try ticking arms race, deathmatch and custom to see if it registers (you will need to open the workshop publisher GUI again from inside CSGO using the console command workshop_publish). You also need to fix the truncated description on the workshop page (it's the workshop publisher's fault in truncating descriptions when they exceed a certain number of characters/words): just click on "edit description" on the submission's page itself and then save after editing.
    cosa dici! avatar
    Mantra
    cosa dici!
    URL to post:
  • Lord Canistra avatar
    Lord Canistra Joined 12y ago
    15,102 points Ranked 371st
    20 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 1st Place - 2016 Winter Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Beneath the Dust Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 5y
    > **Posted by will2k** > > The publishing should be pretty straight-forward; try ticking arms race, deathmatch and custom to see if it registers (you will need to open the workshop publisher GUI again from inside CSGO using the console command workshop_publish). > > You also need to fix the truncated description on the workshop page (it's the workshop publisher's fault in truncating descriptions when they exceed a certain number of characters/words): just click on "edit description" on the submission's page itself and then save after editing. Good god, workshop's a mess, really. I noticed it cutting down description upon release and fixed it, now it cuts down description when I haven't even changed anything. Or is it their intetion that description should be no longer than ~300 symbols? Then that should be a hard limit, not one you can circumvent. Also I've already tried to tick various game modes, alone and combined - like noticed above. When I leave only Arms Race ticked in workshop publishing dialog in-game, there are simply no gamemodes available in play menu - and user cannot start the map. Other gamemodes - Deathmatch, for instance, work fine. Hell, I even unpacked resources from your cs_east_borough as well as several other custom maps to see if there were some special files or keywords to define gamemode, but found nothing of help.
    URL to post:
  • will2k avatar
    will2k username pic Joined 9y ago
    32,967 points Ranked 139th
    30 medals 2 legendary 7 rare
    • 1st Place - Tutorials Contest Medal icon
    • 500 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 50 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 100 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • 200 posts awarded Exemplary Feedback Medal icon
    • Achieved Super Moderator clearance Medal icon
    will2k avatar
    will2k
    Map Critic
    access_time 5y
    The truncation is the publisher's fault as I mentioned (buggy) so it cuts the description that you wrote in the publisher window. Once you edit it in the description page itself, there are no limits to character number or so and you can properly format it using BBcode. As for gamemodes, there is nothing really special or additional files; you just tick the corresponding gamemodes and you're good to go. For the sake of it, try verifying your CSGO game cache integrity for broken/bugged files (since the publisher.exe file is part of CSGO files now). Afterwards, in the publisher window try unchecking every gamemode then check arms race, deathmatch and custom then publish again. Hopefully it should work this way.
    cosa dici! avatar
    Mantra
    cosa dici!
    URL to post:
  • Lord Canistra avatar
    20 medals 1 legendary 3 rare
    • 1st Place - 2016 Winter Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • 2nd Place - Beneath the Dust Mapping Contest Medal icon
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    access_time 5y
    I added AR-specific spawnpoints (info\_armsrace\_*) in the same nubmers as regular spawnpoints (JUST IN CASE publishing system was somehow checking their presence), I double and triple checked that none are sitting inside brushes or props or whatever other obstacles there may be, I verified that navigation file is up to date. I also tried the thing you were talking about: verified CS:GO game cache - everything was fine, by the way, then deselected all game modes, published map like that (of course it couldn't be launched at that point), then selected arms race and published level again. Guess what. And at the same time, every other goddamn mode is working. You know what? Screw this. I'm done with this dried up turd of an engine anyway. Sorry for wasting your time.
    URL to post:

Embed

menu
Share banner
Image URL
HTML embed code
BB embed code
Markdown embed code

Author

Lord Canistra avatar