Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Need help exporting 3d mesh skeleton - A Forum Thread for Counter-Strike 1.6.

I am looking for a 3d file format to export the skeleton of something that im testing from Blender to Milkshape. Basically is just that, i know about .3ds but i am looking for an older format so i can import the skeleton in milkshape (since i cant import both the mesh and the bones with .obj) and because rigging in milkshape is a pain in the ass compared to Blender. [Here is the list of all the formats that milkshape supports](http://chumbalum.swissquake.ch/ms3d/help/htmlfiles/FileFormats.html "") Btw i use Blender to model, texture and rig my stuff but since the aren't any plugins to export to the GoldSource .smd directly i have to export my work to milkshape. I would be very thankful if someone knows if there is a better way or program to accomplish this. Thanks.
  • -FeDe 7362- avatar
    -FeDe 7362- Joined 11y ago
    1,673 points Ranked 24,360th
    13 medals 1 legendary 1 rare
    • 10 years a member Medal icon
    • 6 years a member Medal icon
    • Reached 1,000 Points Medal icon
    • Reached 2,500 Points Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    10y
    the goldssource and source smd are the same, milkshape can import an export both of them
    nothing here... keep scrolling avatar
    Mantra
    nothing here... keep scrolling
    URL to post:
  • Takatalvi avatar
    Takatalvi username pic Joined 11y ago
    I'm not here
    3,716 points Ranked 3,292nd
    24 medals 1 legendary 4 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Day Ten Winner! Medal icon
    • Tutorial Contest Entrant Medal icon
    10y
    > **Posted by fede7362** > the goldssource and source smd are the same, milkshape can import an export both of them Really? Because i don't want to waste time just to realize that it doesn't works. But anyways i found a .smd plugin for blender that is made for use in the source engine so i will check that first.
    Jed's HLMV is cancer. avatar
    Mantra
    Jed's HLMV is cancer.
    URL to post:
  • -FeDe 7362- avatar
    10y
    > **Posted by Takatalvi** > > **Posted by fede7362** > > > the goldssource and source smd are the same, milkshape can import an export both of them > > Really? Because i don't want to waste time just to realize that it doesn't works. > > But anyways i found a .smd plugin for blender that is made for use in the source engine so i will check that first. yeah, it can, I've made portings from source to gold source, also yeah, the blender smd tools could hel ypu with that, jaja
    Mantra
    URL to post:
  • Takatalvi avatar
    Takatalvi username pic Joined 11y ago
    I'm not here
    3,716 points Ranked 3,292nd
    24 medals 1 legendary 4 rare
    • 15+ Entries! GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Medal icon
    • Received thanks 50 times Medal icon
    • Thanked 50 submitters Medal icon
    • GameBanana’s Christmas Giveaway 2016 Day Ten Winner! Medal icon
    • Tutorial Contest Entrant Medal icon
    10y
    > **Posted by fede7362** > > **Posted by Takatalvi** > > > > **Posted by fede7362** > > > > > the goldssource and source smd are the same, milkshape can import an export both of them > > > > Really? Because i don't want to waste time just to realize that it doesn't works. > > > > But anyways i found a .smd plugin for blender that is made for use in the source engine so i will check that first. > > yeah, it can, I've made portings from source to gold source, also yeah, the blender smd tools could hel ypu with that, jaja I made a quick boxy test and it worked! But i still have to test on a rigged model if the plugin exports the skeleton sequence .smd, anyway thanks for the advice mate.
    Jed's HLMV is cancer. avatar
    Mantra
    Jed's HLMV is cancer.
    URL to post:
  • -FeDe 7362- avatar
    10y
    > **Posted by Takatalvi** > > **Posted by fede7362** > > > > **Posted by Takatalvi** > > > > > > **Posted by fede7362** > > > > > > > the goldssource and source smd are the same, milkshape can import an export both of them > > > > > > Really? Because i don't want to waste time just to realize that it doesn't works. > > > > > > But anyways i found a .smd plugin for blender that is made for use in the source engine so i will check that first. > > > > yeah, it can, I've made portings from source to gold source, also yeah, the blender smd tools could hel ypu with that, jaja > > I made a quick boxy test and it worked! > > But i still have to test on a rigged model if the plugin exports the skeleton sequence .smd, anyway thanks for the advice mate. MDL Decompiler break the sequences, if you make your own anims, it are imported really wel :)
    Mantra
    URL to post: