NR's Combine Pulse Assault Rifle Mk2 for HL2 Pulse Rifle(AR2)
I deleted the bipod of Combine mounted gun and put the grip, trigger guard, and stock from default ar2 on it. I also patched up some missing faces, edited UVmaps/skins, and threw it into 3dsmax7 to resmooth it.
(This is the first time I totally use smoothing groups for resmoothing.)
I've included the version with longer reload animation (2.2 times than the default one) in the package.
Polycount of the gun: 1523
Skin: Valve, fakefactory
HL2 HEV Arms: Valve
Animations: LEDHED (<3)
Reloading Sound: from HK33 and FAMAS in Global Warfare Mod 1.5
Special thanks to:
Mullet: for giving me some tips on how to compile models with whole new set of anims :)
LEDHED: for be willing to help me with anims and listen my (constantly) requests/complaints/bitching about anims :P
1. The model is somewhat low-poly because the parts are mostly taken from
Combine mounted gun (a prop model).
2. Skins are a bit of low-res, and I can't do anything about it becuase I
don't have any skinning skill (man, I can't even skin a box).
3. This model is not compatible with SMOD's iron sight feature. It'll
look messed up in iron sight mode.
These files are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.
- Great Model, Makes the AR2 look much better
- Not Ironsight Compatible (rear sight is too big and obstructs vision)
- Make Ironsight Compatible or
- Better Yet, add a Combine style Scope
- Popping an ACOG or Aimpoint on this model might look out of place, perhaps a square scope with a "Singularity Seeker Rifle" style recticle
Nice i love this skin evrery time i format/get a new pc/clean the pc of viruses i RUN TO FPSB TO GET THIS IS SKIN
i realllyyy like it bcuz of the 2 handed desing the normal 1 was ummm how can i put
a hand-rifle just like a patriot but ugly to be single handed
The longer reload animation is just what I was looking for, but I think it would look better if the model was placed a little lower so not so much of the left arm is showing.
I use this in Synergy, and it's awesome.
Do i have your permission to use this in a mod?
Full credit will be given to you and the contributors to this addon.
You can contact me on xer2k8(at)gmail.com or on the mod page at http://www.moddb.com/mods/toxisresiduum.