ABOUT THIS FILE:
The Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife was produced in three patterns during WW2. Two of those patterns are in this pack. Pattern #1 did not match the model being used and was almost identical in look to pattern #2. Pattern #3 is the darker knife with a ribbed grip and was made after 1943.
- There are 2 skins, Pattern #2 and Pattern #3
- Skin is 1024 x 512
- skin has bumpmaps and phong shaders
- p_model included (basically the world model)
- there are no w_models because you cannot drop a knife
- This is a model hack from the older version of Day of Defeat. The skins are 100% new reskins.
- HUD sprites are included, but packed separately due to the fact they are tailored for the Day of Defeat: Source - Visual Upgrade (DODSVU)
Model - Valve Corporation
Conversion - Sabre
Sprites - Sabre
Textures - Wile E Coyote
Although the model is very old, it still does its job. The textures look realitsic, however they're a bit blurry/lowres. The normals are above average and the phong fits well, overall a great replacement.
Anyone has permission to re-use or modify the skins for their own creations, however credit MUST be given otherwise permission is denied. These skins, or any part of them, may not be used for commercial productions, bought or sold without contacting the authors.
The model included is a product of the Valve Corp and therefore cannot be transported to another company's game platform or stand-alone Mod.