Ok, let me first start this assessment by saying this was one of my favorite guns to use. However, there is much room for improvement upon this release.
Animation: 10 I didn't see anything wrong with the animations for this weapon.
Model: 3 This is where the first and most major problem is... there are many glitches with the world model which could be easily fixed. 1, when not equipped, the Thompson should be slung on the back of the player, NOT STICKING OUT HIS BACK LIKE A KNIFE. Also the world model's physics like to clip through the ground alot meaning the stock just falls through the ground while the rest of the gun points upwards or vice versa.
Detail: 8.5 On the view model, it seems like some of the lines on the barrel get blurred, and the writing on the side of the gun is illegible. but the world model details look great.
Sound: 6.5 I don't know if this is a glitch happening only to me, but the firing sound only seems to play out the left speaker of my headset and speakers. All other weapons seem to be fine though. I ended up editing the sound to fix this problem. Other sounds (reloading) seems to play fine though.
Texture: 5 Like the review before me said... the Acog scope textures do not work at all leaving black and purple squares, but the other textures work fine.
Overall: 6.6/10 You should really fix the glitches in this file. Personally I really like this skin because its unique and original, but the amount of trouble i had fixing half of the glitches in this submission doesn't do it any justice at all. Can you please fix this release?
Once I saw this skin, I was like HOLY CRAP! EPIC SKIN! But when I downloaded and installed, I noticed how bad this skin actually was.
1) The textures are SO ugly. There are letters near the buttstock, under the iron sight, but they are blurred. Whether that was on purpose or the textures suck, I don't know. I prefer visible text rather than a blob of blur.
2) I hate having lasers that work. It ruins everything. I don't mind having an AN/PEQ box on the skin, but having it turned on is just bleh. Crosshairs exist on CS:S for a reason, not to be ignored.
3) I always make preview videos for skins I try, and this was no exception. I started off with recording the Thompson with no attachments, then EOTech, then Aimpoint. But to my surprise, the Aimpoint was in black and purple blocks. So i dig through the files to try and get it fixed, but not matter what I did, it stayed black and purple.
4) After finding out no matter what I did, the Aimpoint was going to stay purple and black, I just recorded the video as is. As I continued on, the sounds for the Aimpoint model doesn't work. Woopee. Great, just great.
Now to the good points, which are totally overruled by the bad points.
1) Original. Never seen this before. One of a kind.
2) I'm a big fan of tactical stuff and turning the Thompson tactical hit the spot for me.
That concludes my review. 6/10 from me. Better luck next time.
As a reward for catching my attention, you earn yourself a free preview video. Have fun.
Pros: The Design is sexy. I'm even trying to see if I can find a thompson receiver to get something like this built in real life.
Cons: The LAM is distracting, I'm having an issue with animations and how the gun settles in the world and on peoples backs. It sticks straight up like a sore thumb. Also the sounds don't work. The only sound that does play in game is the fire sound and the one you included is for some reason set to stereo left which is awkward in game and very off putting it makes it sound like your being shot at not shooting.
Improvements: Fix the sounds, animations, and find a better vertical grip without a LAM.
Notes: I'm addicted to this gun, I just wish it was better.