Title: Beta-Style Scout
Credits: Revenant 100 aka Marphy Black (scout skin edits), Valve Software (original scout texture)
Description: This is a recreation of the scout skin seen in the first released Team Fortress 2 trailer and the promotional group render, hence the "beta"-ness.
**May 27, 2011 Update**:
- Completely overhauled all paint settings to bring them up to date
- Updated the Bombing Run hat texture
- Edited the Flipped Trilby hat textures to reflect the beta-style color scheme
**October 10, 2010 Update**:
- Adjusted paint and phong settings on the included hats
**October 1, 2010 Update**:
- Important changes to add compatibility with the Mann-Conomy Update. This is a critical update!
- Edited the Bombing Run hat textures to reflect the beta-style color scheme
- Added custom beta-style phong and exponent masks. Model now uses more accurate beta shading.
**May 22, 2010 Update**:
- Edited the Whoopee Cap hat textures to reflect the beta-style color scheme
**May 1, 2010 Update**:
- Edited the Troublemaker's Tossle Cap hat textures to reflect the beta-style color scheme
Note: There is a slight inconsistency in the displayed screenshots. The Red scout shown is of a slightly older version of the skin. I have updated it to include an appropriately tan-colored belt as seen in the first trailer comparison image.
1. Extract this rar file's contents to your Team Fortress 2 folder.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[SteamName]\team fortress 2 )
Pros: Absolutely glorious. Crisp colors, team-colored props, and just overall better then the default game skin.
Cons: None whatsoever.
Improvements: None. Combined with the nailgun mod, this is perfect for beta goodness.
Pros: Look waaaaay better than regular one.
Cons: None I see so far.
Notes: Love in particular the headphones and the shirt.
Perfect for the Scout lover I am.
Edit : OH NOOOOO
For god's sake, why didn't you make a HUD Icon ? (bottom left-hand corner)
Hey, if you could make it, that wud be awesome.
Also, the headphones gibs when a Scout explodes are yellow. No big deal.