Title: Beta-Style Engineer
Credits: Revenant 100 aka Marphy Black (engineer skin edits), Painkilla (Recompiled view models), Valve Software (original engineer texture)
Description: This is a recreation of the engineer skin seen in the first released Team Fortress 2 trailer and the promotional group render, hence the "beta"-ness.
**May 27, 2011 Update**:
- Completely overhauled all paint settings to bring them up to date
**October 10, 2010 Update**:
- Fixed issues regarding the Engineer's arms model introduced by the October 6 update
- Adjusted paint and phong settings on the included hat
**October 1, 2010 Update**:
- Important changes to add compatibility with the Mann-Conomy Update. This is a critical update!
- Fixed the partially visible arm band logo in gib textures
**July 9, 2010 Update**:
- Updated the arms model for the Engineer Update. The Gunslinger's robotic hand now works.
**July 3, 2010 Update**:
- Added team-coloring to the Engineer's arms model, fixing the miscolored glove when using the Lugermorph unlock
- Added high-resolution beta-style gib textures
- Added high-resolution beta-style ubercharged textures
**August 16, 2009 Update**:
- Edited the Pyro's Respectless Rubber Glove hat textures to reflect the beta-style color scheme
- Small change to add compatibility with Classless update
**June 21, 2009 Update**:
- Restored the exponent map. Model now uses proper and accurate beta shading!
- Added team-coloring to the first person view model gloves! Big credit to Painkilla for this.
Note: The screenshots here do not reflect the updated beta shading.
1. Extract this rar file's contents to your Team Fortress 2 folder.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\[SteamName]\team fortress 2 )
> **Posted by Haroldson**
>When I play as the Blue Engineer, in first person view my glove is the Red Engineer's, but the 3rd person view he still has his blue glove on. I remember this working fine before, but I think an update might have messed it up.
I need to update the arms model due to the addition of the Deus Ex weapons. Give me some time.
I need help! When I play as the Blue Engineer, in first person view my glove is the Red Engineer's, but the 3rd person view he still has his blue glove on. I remember this working fine before, but I think an update might have messed it up. I checked the game files and the files for the Blue glove is there, it's just that it doesn't work in-game.
Valve has introduced a rendering bug with the Hatless Update that has broken my Beta-Style Engineer and Beta-Style Pyro releases. There is absolutely nothing I can do to fix these issues myself since it's not a problem with my skins. I encourage everyone to urge Valve to address the bug very soon. They're the only ones who _can_ fix it.