Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
This is version number 2 of the Quad/Snake Custom 1911, phonged by PROPEN :)
I haven't tried it yet so i don't have any more screenshots than these 2 included in the release. I will post more pics as soon as i take some ingame later on tonight.
Great news, Dodss Kugan is working on a weapons pack for Day of Defeat Source (This pack will contain ALL weapons reskinned by Dodss Kuggan, pretty awesome looking from the screenshots i seen, i'm not sure if PROPEN is helping him make it though)
Model modifications/Compile: Soul_Slayer
Reskin & Recolor: Propenso Al Suicidio
Normal maps: Propenso Al Suicidio
Phong: Propenso Al Suicidio
Just unzip into the dod folder.
Steam\SteamApps\your e-mail address\day of defeat source\dod\
- Highly detailed
- Hammer seems to be akwardly placed, and it isn't as detailed as other models I have seen. Another thing is the white painting for the sights, although functional on a real weapon, its not WW2 era specifications.
- Firing pin is placed too high, it's like a give-away that this gun is a fake interpretation of a real gun (to me this is like seeing a person with their nose on their forehead).
- I know its just a game, but I like guns and seeing them accurately represented makes the game more appealing to me. This one somehow throws me off because of a few small details.
- I don't want to add anything I would like to see improved, because its not my design. People like this because of how it was detailed. If it was my way I would make it look more accurate to that of the real 1911's appearance from WW2.
- I installed this for my 1911, but I want to change it now to the Wile-Coyote 1911. The Wile-Coyote even offers an installment package, which I used before on other weapons and it has worked fine. I just can't seem to get it to work this time. I have gone in to the v_weapons and deleted the files for this 1911 and then tried to install the Wile-Coyote 1911, but when I run the game I can still see that it is still this 1911 and even worse...it's checkered in black and purple....forces me to restore the deleted files so the gun can return to quad/snake custom which I'm still trying to change.
- If you know of any advice, I would appreciate you sharing it with me. Thanks and hope everyone is having fun. =) (and sorry for my bitching)