Additionally, the preview video shows this mod as it was when initially released 1 year ago. The improvements & additions from the newest update are not present in that video. I don't currently plan to make a newer preview video until I can implement the planned features for this mod that aren't possible yet.
I hadn't originally planned on releasing another Smash Ultimate mod this soon, but I was able to get this one working in spite of the current modding limitations. Some of you may recognize this as an updated version of the Dry Bowser model import I made for Smash 4.
Currently, this mod changes the following things:
- Dry Bowser model + 7 recolors replacing ALL of Bowser's default slots by default. Many of Bowser's files are shared by all slots, so this is an all-or-nothing mod unless you're fine with never having more than 1 Bowser in any single match.
- "Facial Expressions" similar to the ones I included in my Smash 4 mod. These include the eyes turning ring-shaped when getting hit & the shell glowing more brightly while attacking. New to this mod is the shell glowing yellow while in Final-Smash standby (overiding whichever color it'd normally be.) It similarly glows purple/red when fighting against Dry Bowser in spirit battles.
- An optional Giga Dry Bowser model, used for both the Final Smash & the boss. The model has been properly revamped to be of a much higher quality than the one I included in my Smash 4 mod, while also looking a little more distinct compared to the normal form. It also comes with its own recolors, though those won't always be able to be seen.
- Replacements for a majority of Bowser's main UI images. The Smash Ultimate styled renders I made for the mod can be viewed here. Giga Dry Bowser does not come with any UI images.
- An effect file edit that makes all of Bowser's (and Giga Bowser's) Fire Breath effects blue instead of red.
While the mod also lacks a voice edit, that's more because I didn't feel like making one yet, rather than being due to modding limitations. In the meantime, you can use this voice edit by BruhLookAtThis.
Once it's possible to add & replace files without any filesize limits, I plan to update this mod with the following features:
- Extra Normal & PRM map detailing on the eyes, making them look less flat.
- Slot-specific visibility/material animations, allowing the shell glow's brightness to fluctuate a bit more, as well as allowing me better control over when the eye & shell changes happen.
- My own set of voice clip replacements (leaning more towards his older voice from Mario Kart Wii, rather than the different one he's had from Mario Kart 8 onwards.)
- UI images for the Giga form
- The ability to use the models + recolors on any of Bowser's color slots (including extra slots.)
If you notice any issues that weren't already mentioned in this description, feel free to let me know. And make sure to provide as much information as possible (since I can't really fix a problem if I don't truly know what's causing the problem.)
Finally, I don't do mod requests. I prefer making mods based on my own personal interests, so please do not ask me to make any specific model imports for you.