As my first (and for now, only) Smash Ultimate mod, I've made this wi-fi safe import of my own semi-custom Koppa Kid model. Some of you may recognize this as an updated version of the Koopa Kid model import I made for Smash 4.
Currently, this mod changes the following things:
- Koopa Kid model replacing Bowser Jr.'s default model. This model only works over Bowser Jr.'s first slot, and currently lacks facial expressions due to filesize limitations.
- Recolored versions of Bowser Jr.'s default Clown Car, including its alternate states.
- Replacements for most of Bowser Jr.'s slot-specific UI images. The render is currently just using a "smoothed out" version of the in-game model, rather than a more polished render like the un-modded characters use.
- All of the changed files come pre-named with their offsets for both the 3.0.1 data.arc & the 3.1.0 data.arc. If you want to use this mod with any different versions of the data.arc, I've provided a list of the original file names/locations in the README.txt file.
Due to current modding limitations, this mod is missing a few of the features I included in the Smash 4 mod. These missing features include no facial expressions (Koopa Kid's eyes and mouth don't move/ change expression in this version of the mod,) no voice clip edits, no recolors, and other minor missing details. I also chose to make the mod's main render (used in the UI images) a bit simpler than most of Ultimate's official renders to make it easier to compress the bntx's to the correct size.
Once it's possible to add & replace files without any filesize limits, I plan to update this mod with the following features:
- Facial expressions for Koopa Kid.
- Restoring the more mechanical-looking eye design seen on the Koopaling's Clown Cars (using the same coloration I gave them in the Sm4sh mod.)
- Fixes to some extremely minor shading/normal map errors in the in-game models.
- Voice clip replacements (giving Koopa Kid his "voice" from the Mario Party series.)
- A one-slot hammer model edit, based on some of the Hammers seen in the early Mario Party games.
- The Blue, Red, and Green Koopa Kid recolors (as seen in Mario Party Advance & Mario Party 5/6/7, as well as my Smash 4 mod.)
- An updated render that's more in line with Smash Ultimate's official renders (the pose will be the same, but the lighting & detailing will be improved a bit.)
- The ability to use the models + recolors on any of Bowser Jr.'s color slots.
If you notice any issues that weren't already mentioned in this description, feel free to let me know. And make sure to provide as much information as possible (since I can't really fix a problem if I don't truly know what's causing the problem.)
Finally, I don't do mod requests. I prefer making mods based on my own personal interests, so please do not ask me to make any specific model imports for you. I also currently have no plans to release any other Smash Ultimate mods, since my other planned mods aren't possible within the current limitations.