MAJOR UPDATE - 4/27/16On 4-25-16, an update was released that allowed custom first person animation on sv_pure 1 (valve, etc) servers. However, the separated c animations format I used for all of my skins cause it to crash. Fortunately, the Spy Overhaul never used SCA, so it was fine the whole time! But I'm updating it anyway.
Note: The Disguise Kit and Watches don't work on SV_Pure 1 servers
- Updated draw animation - no longer freezes for a long period of time after deploying
- Slightly edited reload animation
- Brand new inspection animations, because the old ones were trash
- Heavily edited draw animation
- New origin, not shown in screenshots (just realized I forgot this now that I'm writing it)
- Heavily edited inspection animations, though the end of inspect_start is suffering in quality a bit because the knife had to be reversed to show off stattrak things
MAJOR UPDATE - 12/30/15 - FIXED FOR TOUGH BREAKKnives
- Shit's fixed
- Adjust speed of draw animation
- Added brand new melee inspection anims
- Adjusted speed of draw animation
- Edited the backstab to be less shaky
- Unchanged, but I don't think the red tape recorder works anymore. Touching the sappers is like a mine field, so I REALLY don't want to go about replacing the anims again.
- Adjusted speed of draw animation
- Slightly edited fire anim
- Improved inspect anim
MAJOR UPDATE - 7/5/15 2:05 AM EST - FIXED FOR GUNMETTLE
- Added new custom inspection anims for the revolver
Sorry for being a little late on this. I thought it wasn't broken.
RELEASEI started this project over a year ago, and here it is. All nice and completed. Several days - no, weeks of work to make this the absolute best that I can do.
What does this do?
This is a skin that replaces the Spy's first person animations with new ones I made. I also edited some of the revolver models to have proper bullets and a speed loader. The reload animation for the revolver also doesn't take a huge amount of space on the screen, and the bullet shells are actually released from the gun!
Unfortunately, the Grappling Hook uses Valve's animations, because my GH anims refuse to work for whatever reason.
All of SvS's bugs including the Black Rose, Australiums, and crashing on some servers (missing anims) are all fixed now. I didn't include my custom Spell charging sound in this because I didn't feel like it.
These anims were made for viewmodel_ fov 54. It MAY look good in 70 if you have Bl8demast3r's 70 fov fixes installed.
I included an alternate revolver draw in this that doesn't involve spinning the revolver.
This is in a rar file because of the compression a rar file gives (it makes the download faster).
The Ap-Sap works properly with this! The Sapper's needle also properly works!
Not working? Chances are, your other skins overwriting this one.
Try renaming 'Spy First Person Animation Overhaul.VPK' to '0A Spy First Person Animation Overhaul.VPK'.
Unsure of which VPK to install? If you want the revolver deplay animation to involve the Spy spinning the revolver, install 'Spy First Person Animation Overhaul.VPK'. If you want the animation to not involve any spinning whatsoever, install both of the VPKs.
I have a group that exists to alert human beings that I'm uploading/updating a submission through Steam, or for me to ask you guys if you'd want to see a certain skin.
Don't like these animations, and prefer Valve's? I made fixes for the stock anims a while ago!
I've been uploading submissions on the L4D2 and TF2 workshop, incase you want to check it out.