YES, I do know there are practically 7+ other all-class crowbar mods and 3+ class-specific crowbar mods out there already. No need to comment on the obvious.
Credit for the model goes to Valve's SFM / TF2 department for making it and the base textures.So here's.. this. It's a crowbar. What makes this crowbar so special from the others? Well, as I had stated in my other crowbar submission for TF2C, It's a quite nice-looking model I had found while leisurely browsing through the leaked SFM beta repository - made by potentially the team themselves, not to mention! Seeing as to how, shockingly I must say, absolutely nobody's made a mod that utilized SFM's "medic_crowbar.mdl", I decided to take matters into my own hands (again), and make something out of something nobody really looked at (again).
- Replaces all current existing Allclass Melee weapons
- (For Golden Frying Pans & Saxxys, if you're lucky enough to see one)
- Killstreak Sheen support
- Cloaking support
- Backpack Icons
- (Some) Custom Sounds
- No killicons
- Bloody Pinky Fingers
- The positioning is weird*
Mileage may vary regarding custom animations
- Some may work, but some others may change the rotations at which the classes hold the weapons
*READ: Notes on PositioningSince I couldn't for the life of me get all of the positioning in the viewmodels to work flawlessly, I finally decided after a few days to make 2 (formerly 3) versions. Hey, sorry, this is what needs to be done if one can't animate. Do bear in mind that in world view, all classes hold the Crowbar perfectly by default, so it is only a difficulty in view.
The Normal version
- Fits perfectly with anyone that isn't Pyro or Spy
- Fixes the adjustment on the Pyro's Crowbar to be not slanted, but skews everybody else's worldmodel and viewmodel Crowbars
- Fixes adjustment for GFP & Saxxy, but breaks practically every other class's crowbar positioning
You can find the latter in the folder "!alternates", just outside of "custom". Go into the folder, and click through the folders you want until you reach a folder full of .vpks and other folders. Extract those as you choose. I, myself, recommend you only use those if you play Pyro incredibly often.
In regards to the Heavy and Engineer's Crowbars looking odd, user N-cognito has created a viewmodel animation fix in his Improved Necro-Smasher submission, which also happens to fix these. Check it out!
Have fun or something. And remember - Half Life 3 is soon. We just have to wait.