Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
The Combine Solder for every skin replacement in CS:GO!
**ANNOUNCEMENT: This model WILL be updated to use the NEW animations. An update is underway. I will this time also include the hand models as well.**
The Super Combine Soldier (Or **Elite Combine Soldier**) recompiled for all the Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists in **Counter-Strike: Global Offensive**.
- The model originates from Half-Life 2
- Triangles = 4998
- Vertices = 2856
- 3 materials (Diffuse, Normal, Phong) 1 vmt
- 1024x1024 diffuse resolution
Total package 26.8mb and doesn't include screenshots in the zipped file.
1. Copy all of the folders (materials and models) to the above mentioned location, paste and press yes on each pop-up.
2. Install Notepad++ (http://notepad-plus-plus.org/) and open the 'pak01_dir.vpk' file located in the same earlier mentioned directory. MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!
3. When it opens, go to models -> player and there you'll find plenty of 'ctm_' and 'tm_' skins such as ctm_fbi (and variants) or tm_leet (and variants).
4. Press CTRL+H and a window will pop-up. There you'll have the option to change a certain work with another in one instance.
5. In order to make your selected skins work in-game you need to rename at least 1 letter/character of the name of those skins, however DON'T add extra ones. Just replace an A with a D or something. Example below:
Provided you want to change ctm_fbi to the skin you downloaded, you need to rename ctm_fbi to something like ctm_fbc. I changed the 'i' with 'c' and now when you open
CSGO it won't be able to read the default one anymore. It will instead read the custom one that you downloaded and put in the csgo/ folder.
You CAN'T however do something like ctm_fbiefazfazefafaefe or ctm_fbi0 as that will prevent CS:GO from opening.
6. In the "Find what" area you insert 'ctm_fbi' and at the "Replace with" area you insert 'ctm_fbc'. Press 'Replace All'
7. Once done for any or all of the skins, press save.
8. Enjoy your new skin!
- I had to adapt the mesh and tweak it for the new CS:GO rig. Surprisingly it fitted for a good part however the legs and arms where out of the proportions for the new rig and I had to tweak them.
- I have created 3 extra fingers for each hand because CS:GO now has a full hand rig with 5 fingers instead of 3.
- Unlike its CS:S counterpart, this model has no clipping issues on the back.
- Will not work on official operation servers!
- It is **not advised** to install this skin **on every single CS:GO skin**. Just decided to use it on either the T or CT and/or within that decision specifically select a team that you'd like to replace this. This is to prevent confusion among teams etc so you don't make errors during gameplay.
> **Posted by Rafael De Jongh**
> Cool stuff, are you going to do the rest of the combine? If so I'd rather suggest you upload a pack :)
Thanks a lot!
All of the remaining combine will be done indeed. With a pack, do you mean all of those in one single submission? Or do you mean replacing one specific team of CS:GO with these guys? I do these in seperate submissions because some people may want one in specific rather than having all of them at once as if you would only want one specific, it'll end up in downloading over 100mb (probably since each package is around 27mb). Maybe you're right, it's just the way I looked into the division :)
The server pack version however will definitly be in a pack which I have anticipated to do after all of the combine skins are done, as that package will only contain one skin for each Combine.