Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
- Scar LK Crate added
- Custom firing sounds added
- 6.8x43mm suppressor added (Uses ArmA3 9mm model)
- Full Auto included
- Shader edits
- Optimized config file
- Fixed signature (maybe?)
This mod adds the Scar LK, a redesign of the assault rifle from Crysis, to ArmA 3 (it is NOT a port from Crysis!). It is a 6.8x43mm rifle with ballistics similar to the MX rifles.
Also included is the Scar LP (Low Profile). Optics attached to the Scar LP replace the carrying handle instead of attaching to the top of it, like on the Scar LK. Both versions include 3 camos and the standard matte black texture.
It accepts side and optic attachments as well as the custom 6.8mm Suppressor. Some attachments from the R3F French Weapons mod are compatible (see Features below for list. PM me if you have attachments you’d like compatibility with in a future update).
- Single, Burst and Full Auto fire.
- Scar LK Crate in the mission editor
- 2 Model variations: Scar LK and Scar LP. Only difference is the carrying handle is removed for optics on the LP
- 4 Texture variations: Matte Black, Green Hex Camo, Blue Hex Camo, Tan Hex Camo
- Uses 6.8x43mm rounds in a 30 round "Scar LK Mag"
- Custom 6.8mm Suppressor
- Custom firing sounds
- Compatible with the following ArmA3 attachments: ACO, ARCO, SOS, HAMR, Holosight, Flashlight, IR Laser, 6.8mm Suppressor
- Compatible with the following R3F French Weapons attachments: Aimpoints, EOTechs, J4 Scopes, Small Flashlights, Small Lasers
Once installed correctly, you can use this weapon by placing the Scar LK Crate in a mission, adding this addweapon “classname”; to a units Init line, or using a crate filler script such as Virtual Ammobox System
-The Scar LP does not have a carrying handle in 3rd person. This is because when it was placed on the ground, the carrying handle would appear over the attachments. I left the carrying handle in the FP view so you can still use iron sights. (Perhaps a future update with flip-up sights).
-Camo does not show up when a weapon is dropped on the ground; it defaults to the matte black. This was a result of using hidden textures to save on space. Similar to the above issue, some model.cfg code doesn’t carry over to world models.
Credits & Thanks
Custom Sounds: Zira
Animations/Sounds : BIS
RobertHammer- Explaining model.cfg and SMDI files
BIS - For Arma 3 and source files
> **Posted by Rehasher**
> My MP5SD will definitely be my next compile.
Tell him to get some more screenshots up. 1 is not enough.
I will be looking forward to it! Be sure to release your stuff here as well. :)