Here is the latest version!
This is intended to improve the game, without overdoing things and taking away the doom feeling.
[link to the previous version and more details](http://doom3.gamebanana.com/skins/124199 "")
At last, the final update for my mod, this version comes with a good deal of improvements, you don´t need to dl the old versions as this has it all improved, here I will list what´s new, and make sure you read what is in the previous release
. Re-balanced weapons and tweaked values
. Fixed grenade detonating on touching an enemy
. Improved pda descriptions for weapons and delta 2b specimens data
. Tweaked A.I
- Most enemies move faster, they run
- When hurt, most demons move out of the players line of fire frequently to avoid further damage
- Most enemies might move erratically at times, making it harder to hit them
- Leaping enemies like imps, leap frequently and further, and they can also jump to areas out of their path way to reach the players, as long as it is not too high up.
- Cherubs can sometimes fly above other npcs when leaping to reach the player (needs open spaces)
- Mancubus doesn't stop his plasma barrage when it starts if the player takes cover, keeping the pressure on (be very careful now)
- Demons wander around once the player is dead
- Commandos with cgun have less accuracy from afar just like the player, but their damage is very high, so you might die a lot if one gets too close
- All that combined with the fact that your weapons deal less damage, the monsters have more health, and cause much more pain, only demons and commandos are very vulnerable to headshots.
. Casings finally fly to the right as they should
. New plasma shot sound
. Added stereo effect and new sounds for distant combat in mars city level
. Improved graphical effects
- Dafama´s awesome new shaders for more realistic lighting and better effects on shiny surfaces.
- Perfected bfg projectile effect, originally by phrozo
- Improved impact for chaingun, plasma and chainsaw
- Some weapons generate a heat distortion when the player fires
- Ejected casings have a smoke trail when they come out of the gun
- Fixed several projectiles from monsters not leaving marks on impact
- Added impact effect for npc bullets
Among other changes
You can see the old list of updates in the previous release. This version includes some updates for ROE as well, I've coded a bat file for direct access.
If ya use this in addition to your own mod, let me know, and credit me and the authors listed, enjoy.
There might be more to update in the game, but I am done with doom 3 modding at the moment, it was fun while I was on it, but time consuming.
If there is any problem with the file, like something missing or having errors, let me know as soon as possible
- The sound on this mod, is just amazing, very well made, also, chaingun is so smooth and a joy to use it, plasmagun lightning and shadows and as i said all weapons sounds are awesome !
- The forced faster demoons and zombies, they are difficult, but because overwhelm you, they are too fast, not as realistic as the rest of the mod, in my opinion.
- Another small but important problem on this mod, is the installation, that is not as plug and play as i would like it, first its compressed in .rar, that make difficult for novice users to use, in my opinion is better use .zip files that only need to be renamed to .pk4 because are compressed in same way as .zip, but .rar may cause some confusing to novice users, i think.
- The Plasmagun nozzle light is white and should be blue and the Rocketlauncer flying light is white and should be orange or red.
- Finally i found your mod, in the skins packs, i have played some levels with it, the Delta ones, exactly and first of all, the fast monsters get me by surprise, ejem, i died many times until i get the trick of this mod, the new sounds are scary and the weapons sounds are enjoyable, but some weapons aren't enough powerful for faster monsters, the pistol for example and the grenade would be better if do not cycle but can be toggled between the last weapon used before the grenade.
- All in all, a great mod, that just need a little tweak here and there and a easier installation system and will be perfect.
> **Posted by Strelok**
> > **Posted by pygmypiggy**
> > I unfortunately could not get this to work with BFG edition :(.
> Must be a new format or the way they arrange things, do they still use pk4 files? is there any info on how to add mods to it?
I couldn't find any readmes. I don't see any pk4 files in there and I put everything in base basically the same way you would with doom 3. It didn't cause the game to crash or anything, there were just no differences
> **Posted by pygmypiggy**
> I unfortunately could not get this to work with BFG edition :(.
Must be a new format or the way they arrange things, do they still use pk4 files? is there any info on how to add mods to it?