Eversince I upgraded to an ultrawide monitor, games will lag like f'ing crazy whenever I start recording with OBS.
- Scaling interpolation: usually set to max, doesn't affect my performance much. Turned it down all the way to Billinear and i still have issues.
- Encoder: Intel QuickSync FFMPEG VAAPI (I hate nvenc and it doesn't work for me anyway)
- Kernel: Liquorix 5.9
- Driver: Nvidia Proprietary Driver 450.20.08
- Distro: Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa
- Desktop & WM: KDE / KWin
- Memory: 16GB DDR4
- CPU: Intel Core i5 8400
- Dedicated GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 (my default)
- Integrated GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630 (no gaming or display connections here, this is just what I use for my encoder)
- Encoding Quality: 12,000 Kbps CBR or 20 Quality CQB
Windows games like Titanfall 2 lag the hardest, Linux-native games lag only in moderate, bearable amounts. I have to restart some games to clear up lag. It's annoying as hell.
I'm running Proton 5.21 GE and 5.9 GE for all my Windows games, and DXVK 1.7, all versions are affected.