1. DescriptionSince FortWars is seeing a resurgence in popularity ever since I started working on maps for it, here are some essential tools that I've developed to help you create maps for the plugin using the Hammer Editor. Note that FortWars is just a plugin that enhances how a map is played, and thus this prefab does not detail how to get objectives to work. For ease of use, training_annotations are included to shed light on the functions of entities. These are not used in the compiled map and should be removed during development of your map to save entity space. You should also remove some of the brushes and all of the props I've placed, as these are only for demonstration purposes.
2. FortWars explanationIn FortWars each team is given a certain amount of time (usually between 2 and 3 minutes) to place props on their side of the map, as each map for the most part has no cover or areas to defend. Once setup time is over, props can no longer be built. Props are also destructible by both teams and turn darker the weaker they get. Other than that, each FortWars map varies, having a unique objective that must be completed by either team.
- Read the training_annotations in the prefab for detailed tips about entities and recommended values for time limits.
- Concrete blocks and support walls are the most commonly used props in FortWars, and so they have been used in this prefab to demonstrate their heights and widths, and how trigger brushes function.
- This prefab does not include instructions on how to set up objectives. You will need to be roughly familiar with Team Fortress 2 mapping (or just read a lot of the Valve Developer Wiki) to know how to do this.
- This prefab does not include instructions on how to prevent the BLU team from building at all, for attack/defense maps. For that, please refer to the plugin page.