1. DescriptionHere's another gamemode standardisation of mine for a more under-appreciated and less-known gamemode than Domination. This is a gamemode prefab for Hold The Flag (combination of Capture The Flag and King of the Hill) to be used with Hammer World Editor. For ease of use, training_annotations are included to shed light on the functions of entities. These are not used in the compiled map and should be removed during development of your map to save entity space. To see this prefab in action, check out Hold The Flag Lakeside.
2. Hold The Flag explanationThere is a neutral flag in the middle of the map that activates 30 seconds into a game, and each team has the goal of having possession of the flag for a total of 2 minutes between their players. As soon as the flag is dropped, it becomes neutral again, though it cannot be picked up by the dropping team for a few seconds. After 10 seconds of not being touched, the flag returns to its original position. Spawns are mostly randomised to prevent flag-camping.
- Read the training_annotations in the prefab for detailed tips about entities and recommended values for respawn wave times and time limits.
- Spawns are required to be randomised around the map, but should still have a specific order if the map happens to be symmetric. If the order screws up during compile (found out by adding bots slowly to the map), then you will need to reposition the info_player_teamspawn entries in your .vmf with Notepad.
- The use of math_counters is purposeful to prevent "-0:01" spam and allow for victory checking by the game_round_win entities.