1. DescriptionThis is a gamemode prefab for Domination (multiple control point King of the Hill) to be used with Hammer World Editor. For ease of use, training_annotations are included to shed light on the functions of entities. These are not used in the compiled map and should be removed during development of your map to save entity space. While Domination maps have been made without the use of this prefab, they lack a standard formula, which this prefab hopes to create. To see this prefab in action, check out Domination Standin.
2. Domination explanationDomination is a King of the Hill variant that supports two or more control points. All control points are active at the start of a round. Each control point will take one second off the owning team's timer, until there are no more seconds left to take away, at which point that team wins. This means that it is possible for a team's timer to go down by two or more seconds per second.
- Read the training_annotations in the prefab for detailed tips about entities and recommended values for capture rates, respawn wave times and time limits.
- Each team's spawn should be equidistant from and symmetrical around each control point so there is no advantage for either team, but this rule may be broken for a more Attack/Defense-style approach.
- If you choose to make a single control point worth 2 seconds per second instead of 1, then indicate its special properties with a star or a similar symbol in the HUD.
- Do not use game_text or game_text_tf to instruct players how to win on the map. Use VIDE to package a <mapname>_english.txt file instead. VIDE does not automatically add this file, so you will need to manually add it. Remember to click the Cancel button, then delete everything in the text box apart from maps.
- The use of math_counters is purposeful to prevent "-0:01" spam and allow for victory checking by the game_round_win entities.