1. Welcome to Better Tails AI v2.0!This is a mod for the PC version of Sonic Adventure DX. It allows Miles to spawn basically everywhere in the game, including: Hub World, Chao Garden, Bosses etc.
It also improves the AI in many ways with a lot of new features.
Now let's talk about version 2...
First of all, the mod has been reworked almost from scratch, the code got a massive cleanup with many fixes, which allowed me to add more features easily. So what features you may ask? Well, let's see all of them.
- A Victory Pose has been added, similar to S3&K and reworked from Version 1, Tails will play a victory pose with the player 1 and should no longer float elsewhere when using it.
- There is an option to control with which character you want Tails AI to spawn and another one to make him spawn according to the story plot. (ie, he won't spawn if he shouldn't be here.)
- Tails will bring his snowboard if he notices that you are using it. (This has been improved since V1.)
Ok that was just the intro, now let's talk about the REAL new features.
- You can no longer damage Miles, this was an injustice in the original game since you couldn't do that in the classic Sonic games. After all, you cannot hurt Sonic during Tails Races either. So yeah, this has been fixed.
- Tails AI has now a better speed, he will start flying faster if he notices that you go fast.
- The original "range out check" has been decreased by twice, which means Miles will respawn sooner and will catch you faster.
- Tails cares about what you are doing, if he notices that you pet a Chao, he will do the same, which will result to make your Chao really happy. (Make sure that Tails is really close to you and your Chao, otherwise it won't work.)
- Probably the most unexpected feature, if you press LT/L1 in the Hub World, Miles will start flying and then you can grab him. (Assuming you have Input Mod and/or didn't change the original configuration, otherwise this is gonna be a different button. Apparently it's Triangle/Y for some people so be aware.) This will open a map and allow you to fast travel everywhere in the hub. This was challenging to do but really fun. If you played a Pokémon game, this is very similar.
Note: Use the d-pad to change the destination, also you obviously can only use it if you are outside.
- You will have a small chance of being saved by Tails from anything that would normally have killed you. If you played a Kingdom Hearts game, this is basically the same idea, except it's just luck here.
Please note that you can turn off most of the features, so if you don't like those, then feel free to disable them.
Q: Help Tails doesn't spawn!!!
A: Either you could have a mod conflict or you are in a part of the story where Tails AI won't spawn, like before Knuckles fight. This is intentional to avoid crash and bugs. You can check the list where Tails AI doesn't spawn.
Q: Why can I no longer kick Tails?
A: I patched that "feature" that I think is pretty dumb specially considering that you can't kick Sonic AI and you weren't able to kick Tails in S3k.
Q: Can you add an option to kick him anyway?
A: No. :)
- Make sure you have the latest version of SADX Mod Loader downloaded and installed from this link.
- Download the latest version of Better Tails AI and place the entire folder in the mods folder.
- If all the above steps have been done properly, you should be able to run SADX Mod Manager and select Better Tails AI in the list.
- To configure options for Better Tails AI, select the mod in the Mod Manager and clic on 'Configure...' to see all the options.
- Click on Save and play!