1. [CS:GO Mod] For Counter-Strike: Source!
Edit: As of 11/19/2020, this is GameBanana's youngest mod to have over 100,000 total views!! (Can be compared with "most viewed" submissions on Counter-Strike: Source, ran through for about 10 minutes comparing the time a mod has been submitted, and on average, the mods that have 100k+ views are more than 4-6 years old! My mod is less than a year old!! POGCHAMP!
Over a year in development, this mod brings every single skin from CS:GO into CS:S, in a skin changer-type program! Every single weapon, glove, and knife skin found in CS:GO is included in this mod, with the inclusion of future skins being added with every CS:GO skin update!
As of 8/21/2020, my mod - [CS:GO Mod] For Counter-Strike: Source - is officially the world's first CS:GO mod for Counter-Strike: Source to include every single weapon skin from CS:GO into a single mod, for Counter-Strike: Source. - That's over 1,300 total skins.
I shall sleep happily knowing I am the world's first to do such a huge feat. Pogchamp to the CS:S modding community, the GameBanana community, and the [CS:GO Mod] community.
Here's to 15,000 more downloads, and 75,000 more views.
2. Videos (Install Tutorial, Showcases, and More!)
3. AWPClan Partnership
This mod is officially partnered with and sponsored by the official AWPClan servers of Counter-Strike: Source! They are a group of servers that my mod can be used on!
AWPClan is a place where the most chill, yet badass community of Source players reside, it's also where some of the most skilled players of Source today play!
Feel free to relax and have fun, or show off your skills to thousands of players every day!
You can find their servers in their website below!
Join their official Discord server!
AWPClan servers are 100% compatible with my mod, and it's also a recommended place to play and try out all your favorite skins from this mod!
Become a member of the AWPClan Community on Steam!
Wondering how to use the knife from my mod on the AWPClan server?
Simply follow these steps:
• Type '!knife' in chat
• Press (in order on your keyboard)
1 > 2 > 1 > 0
4. Introducing the 'Online Update' / v2.0.0!
This update completely revamps the mod, allowing for a one time install of a program used to automatically grab updates, skins, and so forth without having to re-install over 4-6GB worth of content!
This update also brings the latest collection of skins, as well as a smaller install size per install!
If you don't know how to install the mod, watch the video at the top! It explains everything, from how to install it, change skins, importing loadouts,
The exporting loadout tutorial has not been made yet. I have not had the time to produce the video, so do ask me on the official Discord if you need help. Otherwise, look at the available 'CSGO Mod Loadout' submissions under 'Packs' for submission guidance for now! A guide will come soon on Steam, and eventually migrate itself over to GameBanana.
This has been in the works ever since 1.1.2 was released, and I'm glad to have spent the time I did to get this done and ready for all of you!
• Auto-updater for the mod
• A working auto-updating installer
• Version checking for the installer if new models need to be downloaded
• Steam being required to be open before running the mod
• A one-time installation of the installer (will only require a single download from GameBanana)
• On-The-Go updates being made to the installer when new skins / models are added/updated!
• Loadout Sharing/Importing!
• Updated shaders to all skins w/ normal maps!
• Inclusion of rare skin patterns from the 'Rare Skins Expansion' announced on my Discord!
• 1,300+ skins to choose from!
• Compatible with online servers from Counter-Strike: Source (if the server allows it)
• Original shaders on the weapons from CS:GO
• Animations tweaked for online use
• All CS:GO Skins
• All CS:GO Gloves
• All CS:GO Knives
• All CS:GO Sounds (weapons)
• Skin Changer
6. Special Thanks
Special thanks to all of the Beta Testers who participated in the weekly (almost daily) builds that I've released to them as time went on, and as improvements were made! Without them, this wouldn't have been possible.
Special thanks as well to users from my Discord, Lt. Tactical Bhopper (Discord Administrator, holds the fort down), Stackoverflow, LOLYOU, xoSarai, Bonk, Sniffer_Dog, and to all of you that helped make this happen.
I hope you all enjoy this mod!
7. Requirements / Pre-requisites
Here are the minimum requirements for my [CS:GO Mod] For Counter-Strike: Source (v2.0.0 / 'Online Update')!
• Counter-Strike: Source purchased and installed from the Steam Store
• At least 1.5 GB of free space on the installation path of Counter-Strike: Source
• At least 1.5 GB Free on the windows-installed storage device (the program needs to extract compressed data so that it may install onto a given storage device)
• Windows 7
• An active internet connection
• Counter-Strike: Source running on 'mat_dxlevel 90' or higher
8. Incompatibility Issues:
This mod cannot be ran with an FPS config installed - everything will disappear. This is due to the mod only being able to be ran on dxlevel 90 and higher.
This mod cannot be installed on hosted servers for everyone to see and use. This is only applicable client-side, and server-side support is unavailable, and won't be available. This means you cannot use the files on a server you are setting up yourself, as nobody will even want to download 600mb+ worth of files for ONE server. This mod can only be used client-side. Plus, I do not allow hosting the files provided by my mod on servers.
If you have any questions, or want to support the mod even further, consider joining the official [CS:GO Mod] Discord!