Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
I'm just here to comment on your screenshots. I'm sure you already know what's wrong with your map in-game from the previous comments.
When taking screenshots, try to take interesting shots which you can see an important area of the map.
I don't get how the first screenshot represents the map, especially that it is the image that people see first before they click on your map. It looks like just a dead end with poor landscape and design. Is that what your map is all about?
In your second screenshot, it looks bad because the wall on the right is "bumpy", but the wall on the left is straight and unnatural. It simply does not look good at all. Your helicopter is bad too because it doesn't even have "legs".
I recommend taking this down. Not only because you posted it incorrectly (It should be ze, not zm) but you should also take your time when mapping. Start with some practice maps to get the hang of things, then try posting.
Check out some youtube videos too, they are very useful.
- Could not jump some boxes
- Displacments done poorly
- Helicopter seems to trap players if the dont get out
- could not get passed the wood at the start, i think its breakable however not sure how much hp it have
Erm... I'm not seeing this right...?
I thought ze_sst_b2 was one of the worst, but this beats all :S I'm sorry, this can't be called a map... At least not for ze_gameplay.
Have you even worked longer than 1 day for this map?
Nevertheless, I'm going to give my opinion since I don't want to bring down any map simply by stupid comments without relevant information:
- Well, at least there is a console telling what to do...
- AFK killer after 10 seconds. THIS... IS... UNACCEPTABLE... Many players still buy equipment after 10 seconds, and all latecomers who still want to connect IN time before zombies spawn will be dead for no reason. A server will NEVER run your map simply because of this reason.
- You use displacements at a horrible level... I've rarely seen displacements such messy :S
- There is a poor use and placement of props, and there are simply not enough geometry (props fit these very well) in the first place, making the entire run a bit pale...
- Many, many obstacles are FAR too high, even for players with enhanched jump it would be IMPOSSIBLE to continue the map... The second wooden barrier in the beginning for example, and a bit further some boxes are far too high. A player can jump at MAX over a height of 64 inches in Hammer.
- The textures (unless they are really intentionally put up this way) are extremely messy and absolutely not accoring to the doors/boxes and such. Usually this doesn't matter but it's about everywhere and so hard that it's really annoying no matter how hard I try to negate it.
- 2 thing about your helicopter:
-- start IMMMEDIATLY on trigger, so some1 could troll everyone (although unlikely, it's not user-friendly)
-- If you want to enter the helicopter, you need to jump, and you have 90% chance to die from the propellors, making it VERY HARD to go along with the heli... Also rather unacceptable. The heli could be triggered by some1 who dies at the pitch of his jump, and then the helicopter leaves with no one failing the entire round and eventually making it impossible to finish :S
Sorry that I'm being so negative but this is really the truth as I see this map objectivly...
I'm not wanting to be discouraging, but this map is plain simply not qualified for an escape server :S
I still hope this gave you some insight and ideas on how to improve it! If you fix all these options, at least the techincal aspects of them, then I'm sure this map could improve VERYmuch :)