Ahoy, it's a USAS-12! I'd modelled this around 2007, had half finished it then ditched it until a few months ago, where I finished it up and brought it up to date. Model and texture is mine.
Would really really like to see it as a CS:GO Mag-7 replacement, but I can't stop it from being compiled for, say, the HL2 crowbar. Bonus points for Fallout: NV or STALKER compiles!
CONDITIONS OF USE
- **Please** let me know what you intend to do with it if you download it, and/or shoot me a PM if you release it - I just like to see what happens with something I've spent ages on :P
- **You may NOT use this in your mod/game/pack.**
- If you try to take credit for this or otherwise screw me over, realise that I have the **original** .max files, old WIP images, and years of WIP posts proving me to be the author. The law won't be on your side either :]
- If you compile it, can you hand it to me before releasing? I need to check out the textures ingame and might need to make adjustments. Appreciated!
HANDY INFO FOR ANIMATORS/COMPILERS
- The drum mag holds 20 rounds IRL, and the 'stick' mag holds 10, so in most games it'd probably be most realistic to use the smaller mag. Up to you, though.
- The charging handle can be moved to either the left or right. Similarly, the ejector port can be set up to eject in either direction.
- The selector switch is set to 'auto', so people shouldn't get upset about their ingame weapon firing on 'safe' mode. You'll get a funny shadow on the texture if you try to put it on 'semi' though.
- Its full name is the Daewoo Precision Industries USAS-12 (Universal Sports Automatic Shotgun, 12 gauge) and is Korean in origin. It's also classified as a 'destructive device' by US law.
- The model (USAS12.max) - a Max 2012 compatible .max file
- Textures - diffuse, specular, normal. 1x 1024 for the main weapon, and a seperate 512 for whichever mag you choose.
- A readme
- A render
- Invisible chocolate
Let me know if I've forgot anything. Cheers!
> **Posted by AdayDr1en**
> Hello ! You said Fallout NV ? Say no more ! I've been looking for a good USAS 12 model to rig for NV, and I like this one. I'll be sure to link you it's mod page when I up it. :)
Ah cool :D I was just thinking the other day I should try to get some of my stuff in NV (third playthrough, haha). Thanks for giving it a go!
> **Posted by Bunneh**
> good model but, any just of a OBJ/anything but max 2k12 version? stuck on 2010 here :c
Updated the download to a 2010 compatible max for ye :] I wasn't sure which version of Max most people use now, but it probably would've just been a good idea in the first place to include a 2010 compatible version. Or if Autodesk could stop being poopypoops and allow forwards compatibility :P