Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
"Scout Achievements" by Teddy Ruxpin.
This is a basic map to be used to farm Scout based achievements. I have created many staged areas to assist with getting the achievements so that you can get the new unlocks quickly.
- Water pit. Used for various achievements that require water.
- Capture Point Support (Locked by default (See below for lock details))
- Capture The Flag Support. Flags and Cap Areas side by side to make it easy and fast
- Engineer No build everywhere but Glass Engineer rooms. This will cut down on the griefers
- Tall Rocket launch tower to bonk people off of for environmental damage achievements
- Hamster wheel located in the 'Jimi Jam' building. This is to assist with the 25 kilometer runs.
- Conveyor belt setup outside for players that do not want to run on the hamster wheel
- Engie dispenser’s buildables respawning. I have it setup for Dispensers to be autospawned inside the tow truck garage. These are level 1 dispenser that can be upgraded by the other team to gain achievements. They will respawn after 5 seconds being destroyed.
- Active Sentry Gun. Located in the glass room. Gun is level 1 and will respawn after 5 seconds of being destroyed.
- Achievement billboards. There is 2 sets of billboards setup showing the various achievements’ and basics of what you need to do to get them. Copied from the Scout Update site.
## Staged Areas:
- Jumping jacks. Get your double jump on by jumping from pillar to pillar. Don’t worry about falling you will be teleported back up. Gives you something to do while double jumping.
- Hurt n Heal pit. The pit is setup to do 50 damage per second. You can stand in it and collect the health kits to gain damage and healing achievements’.
- Tall Rocket tower. Walk into the dark area located under the tower to teleport to the top. This will allow you to knock or stun other players of the tower to their death. The edge of the walk way will damage while being stood on and there is hurt triggers on the way down to ensure certain death.
- Knock'em out of the park field. Field located to the side with 15,25 and 50 meter markers
- Engineer Build Areas Located in the glass rooms with the teleport exit blueprints are located.
## How to lock and unlock the Center Capture Area.
- To disable the Center Capture area you will need to shoot 'Dodger 1'
- To enable the Center Capture area you will need to shoot 'Moon'
- v1.1 02/24/2009
Added spawn rooms with door and teleport exits
Added long downhill run room.
- V1.2 02/24/2009
Fixed bugs with the hamster wheel taking 5 mins to spin up
Fixed bugs in the engie only build areas. They now allow builds
Created seperate area for the playing field and also various other performance fixes
Fixed lagg caused by the buildables getting blown up to fast. They now take 5-10 seconds to respawn.
Pros: Seriously ...
This is the KING of the achievement maps.
You though about everything! Stopped griefers, added support for all achievements and even the achievement billboard!
Cons: I dont think i can see any.
Improvements: A 3D skybox, and a more beautifull ambience, but those are just estetical so they wont affect my assessment.
Notes: I am using this for my achievement farming. Keep up the good job!
PS: Im sorry for any and all spelling mistakes, english is not my first language, im brazilian.
Wow, this is very handy, great job!
Normally I like to get achievements in-game, but what a boon it would be if Valve included achievements based maps for classes that people didn't really like, but wanted to try out their unlockables quickly.
I really like the fact that you customized this map specifically towards achievements, very much like a TF2 training map. I can move from area to area and now what achievements i'm focusing on. Well done.