Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
The redoing of original surf_japan_V7. unfortunately i do not know the authors of the original css map, so i cant credit them.
this map contains several secrets, the original danger surf, completely new mountain, new building at the end of map, fixed geometry and visuals, lightning.
u still can do that fly-over-the-map-by-hitting-that-ramp-at-the-end-in-high-speed trick.
added health and ammo kits.
big thanks to CShadowRun server for testing this and giving the ideas.
DO NOT ASSESS this if u dont like japan in the first place, this map was made for people who like the current japan versions.
DO NOT ASSESS it if u dont like surf maps. live with it. pls.
i welcome all criticism and suggestions that dont deny any any laws of nature.
Pros: - Very nice retexture work. Looks a lot better than the original tf2 version of japan. I really like the way the houses look.
- Very detailed compared to other surf maps
- The end of the map is much better now because you can actually see where all of the teleports are.
- There's a lot of secrets
- Good use of soundscapes
- Overall much better than the original japan.
Cons: - At the end of the map you don't get boosted when you hit the ground (next to the surf ramp) like the original japan.
- The skybox gets in the way sometimes when I try to do a 180 after I use those ramps at the end of the surf.
- The ramps at the end of the surf are way too strong. I always overshoot the surf ramps leading back up to the spawns.
- Engineers can camp in the secret areas where you can shoot through the glass.
- There's a few flashing textures in the castle/tower
- The outside part of the end of the map (3rd screenshot) isn't very detailed compared to the rest of the map.
- The secret danger surf is very sloppy compared to the rest of the map. Instead of taking it from the original map you should remake it.
Improvements: Fix the cons
Notes: I really like this map and I would like to see you make some original surf maps as well.