Aim_Ag_Texture2 - 2009 Editon
Orignale by SixThree
2009 Edition by Dr.iCe
Development Stage: Alpha 1
there is alot more to fix and add, this is not even near final so dont get disapointed :P
please re-assess after every new version..
thx to Crazypip for helping me out with some long compile time :P
i am aware of most things and agree, like i said: "there is alot more to fix and add, this is not even near final so dont get disapointed :P". so what i mean is that i am planning to add ALOT more to it, just a first alpha to show off abit and test my cel shading skills :P, i am actually pretty glad with the sun lightning but the other lightning is just temp. because i WILL add more to it so it looks liek its coming from somewhere...
as you can see ive added some stuff already in details but i will add ALOT more and i will make it less "blocky" as it is now its way to blocky i know that.. almost only thing ive "rounded" up abit is the CT spawn and about the T spawn, i was testing it out and forgot to fix it^^.. thx for the assess and please re-assess when i give out the Alpha2
I want to cut out from the good parts and tell you things to improve so don't think I am saying you have done everything wrong. It's an alpha and it's best to know what needs to be better.
Okay then, first of all I want to say about the lighting around the map. The T spawn is too bright, bring it down and then use brushes to show where the lighting is coming from in the first place. The lighting looks as dull as it did before. Although you have a sun, I would recommend making it out of this world that will make it more modern and different. There are some other parts in lighting that you just need to upgrade and add that extra detail too.
I want the lighting part to come into this because this is a big idea and I would say it would work really well on this map. I believe you should make it more futuristic. This will let you add more detail for one. Then make the time of day more night time or dawn. Then have it like a city made out of these textures around the map. Have it lighting up the map have lights made out of texture to light it up. This will also make it much more interesting. It will allow any colour correction you add to go really well and will let you add sound to the map like city sounds. You could add cool effects like lasers that light areas up. This is a really big idea but it's not out of range to create something like this. Just work on it and take longer on it. Build it up layer by layer and soon the map will come alive. It really will make it appealing and I strongly recommend it.
I did find lots of messy errors in places. Just need to fix them up first then get on with the detail. Add more brushwork at the moment it looks too much like the original. You could make light props out of brushes to show where some of the light is coming from. Maybe some neon lights behind glass that could show where light is coming from and would look cool/futuristic. There is so much more that you have the chance to change for this map.
So far it isn't looking bad but is in need of some better looks at the moment.
I am just going to write.
1. Ok, what is with that? It is just sorta random. It is really blurry and ugly.
2. This doesn't really look good, it doesn't really go good with the majority of the orange and gray dev.
3. Ok, this bit was a little odd, I know that you are trying to add some more to this map but this is sorta a little excessive. But then again, it also provides light to the under passage.
4. This part is a little too bright.
5. I am not sure if it is the texture or if it is just too dark. But you need to fix it.
6. I am not sure if this is because it is cell shaded, but they aren't touching the ground.
7. I know that it is like this in the normal version but it does look a little plain. Add something maybe?
8. It is cell shaded, pretty cool. But I think you need to cell shade some more things. But, IDK. That is the first cell shadded map I ever played.
Keep up the good work :D