The evil genius behind Red plots to unleash havoc from a remote tropical island, and a special Blue task force must stop them.
Beta 4 has been released, now with the CTF HUD enabled! Get it here! This version is now archived.
The island of Meridian holds a terrible secret, waiting to be unleashed on the world by Red forces. Can Blue fight their way into Red's lair and stop their plan, or will Red drive Blue off their island? This Territory Control map differs from Valve's TC_Hydro in that it uses CTF infiltration mechanics instead of the domination gameplay of Control Points. This combination of game types makes for an experience that is more dynamic than the usual "turtling" of CTF and less prone to stalemates than CP-based Territory Control.
* No CTF HUD. This is hopefully something that will be possible before this map reaches its final version, but this problem is in Valve's hands.
We are MOST looking for feedback on balance. If you play a full timeslot on this map, please note which areas (not teams) win each round. You can post your results as feedback here, or at the main development thread here.
TC_MERIDIAN BETA 2
Gametype: Territory Control
Author: Mark "Shmitz" Major
Contributors: Scott "Buddikaman" Petty
Pat "MangyCarface" Mulholland
Steve "Scoobings" Post
* Fixed "ghost" control point in sub bay.
* Fixed being able to get stuck in upper temple during the temple / sub bay round.
* Reworked the temple / sub bay round for better gameplay and hopefully it will see fewer stalemates and a more balanced win ratio.
* Reworked village / sub bay round. Action in the middle area should be less divided and more friendly to fire from snipers, soldiers, heavies, etc.
* Added more signs to provide player direction and to make death areas more apparent.
* Added a shark to the water by the boat.
* Fixed strange reflections in water.
* Improved clipping.
* Fixed players getting stuck in trick-door in village if they attempted to block it.
* Fixed decontamination spray in volcano / temple round. It had been getting turned on during the wrong round.
* Improved visibility in outside areas, so players should render fewer objects not in view.
* Added overtime. If any flag is not at home when the timer hits zero, 60 seconds of bonus time is added. However, if all flags get returned to home during this time, the round automatically ends.
* Added another path into village during volcano/village round.
* Reworked the layout inside the temple area.
* Fixed bugs involved with players crossing a few prop-based bridges and ramps.
* Fixed clipping on bridges across ravine.
* Deepened pool under waterfall to support players attempting to put out flames.
* Increased setup times. Normal rounds are 30 seconds, while defense rounds are 60 seconds.
* Added more health and ammo.
* Added proper collision to robot deck and hoses.
* Made robot deck a more sentry-friendly location.
* Added more direction signs.
* First major detailing pass.
* Added alternate route off floor level of volcano area.
* Removed access to most village roof areas.
* Added stairs up to the second catwalk in the red lair staging area.
* Added setup times. Normal rounds have 25 seconds, defense rounds have 40.
* Fixed a few bugs.
* Replaced most placeholder "red walls" with actual doors and other more natural obstructions.
* Added to the skybox.
* Added fog transitions between some areas.
* Closed off world map so players won't get stuck in it anymore.
* Switched flags to a new system to automatically return them if dropped in player-death spots. This should also fix bugs with flags spawning as the wrong team.
* Quite a lot of detailing to the outside. Many custom assets created.
* Skybox added.