Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Red must defend their crashed "weather balloon" from Blue.
CP_ROSWELL Beta 2
Gametype: Control Points (gravelpit-style)
Author: Mark "Shmitz" Major
Buddikaman (Scott Petty), who did the majority of the work in creating the bus model.
The elite Blue branch of the US military has been sent to "recover" an "experimental weather balloon" from a ranch in Roswell, New Mexico. Red "workers" must defend their territory long enough for reinforcements to arrive.
* Fixed a bug that allowed blue players to enter red spawn.
* Improved the point C crater, navigating out of it should be a lot easier now.
* Added a couple of new textures to replace HL2 textures that were being used.
* Added a small room to the second level of point B.
* Added a little bit more health and ammo.
* Initial public release.
* Reduced cap time on point C, slightly increased cap times on points A and B.
* Fixed place near point C where players could get stuck between the manor and the garage.
* Limited release. Initial bug check, plus feedback for layout, navigation, and performance. Many details not included yet.
Pros: - very open yet defendable A, multiple entry point, roofs accessible, good angles overall
- overall nice design, great gameplay
Cons: - still need a little work on the visual side
- attackers spawn not isolated (it's possible to shoot behind the walls)
- nothing scout specific (double jump accessible)
Improvements: - fix attackers spawn walls
- add more variations to the A walls (cracks, impact, maybe some props)
- slightly more props overall
- adding scout (and rock/nade jump) accessible zones, maybe a catwalk around C, or a box or something to jump on A roofs from the outside
Notes: Overall very nice work.
Nice work, I didnt like it much in beta 1 but its come a long way since then and now its fun if slightly huge, it requires good teamwork and it has depth so that regular play will really improve the flow of the game
only thing is the cap times are definitely too long
Looks great, plays great, and the players on my server not only love it, but say its almost the quality of the stock valve maps, a little more tweaking with the looks of the map and you got a real winner!
Very fun map. Quite a bit like gravelpit in terms of how it plays. I like the multiple access points to the caps,how you can get on top of some of the buildings and also how there are inside and outside areas instead of just one or the other.
As hinrg said there are some errors right now that need to be worked out but it is the first beta. It might help players to have more signs and such to show where to go...I did not have a problem with this at all but for some reason people always complain about this on custom maps even though you already have some signs up. The only issue that I have with this map is the capture point B area...I wish there were more ways to get into it and the route was more interesting like at A and C. The building is quite large on the outside but the inside is pretty small and it's a bit strange. I think it would make more sense to either make the building smaller so you can get around it easier or make the inside larger to make it more interesting...but that's just my opinion.
Did you ever consider making the sky dark instead of light? I think it might give the map an nice ambiance and could possibly fit in well with the roswell theme (not sure how it would be for lighting though).
Once it gets smoothed out some more it will be a very nice map I think.
Pros: Nice map, love the style of play. Lots of action.
Cons: A bit too much in terms of routes where some can get lost. A BIG negative was that enemy can enter original defensive spawn. Not fun spawning to 2-3 enemy pyros right there in your spawn. lol So make it where enemy cannot enter.
Overall, good work for a beta, can't wait to see it finished.
Posted by EdGe_Of_FiRe
When coming out of the Red spawn, the pathway straight across by the silo's is confusing because it looks like you can turn left and can't. It's hard to explain the rest without playing the map more and taking you in the server to explain myself.
I am having a hard time envisioning the place you're referring to. If you head straight out the red spawn until you get to the silo, you can either turn left or turn right. Right takes you to point B. Left takes you to a door that leads into the garage and the blue spawn area. Is this what you're referring to?