How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love GLaDOS
INSTALLATION: PREFERRED WAY
1. Extract loveglados.zip to steam\steamapps\YOUR_STEAM_NAME\portal\portal\
2. Run Portal, go to Bonus Maps, and you should see a folder called Graxthal Portal Maps. If so, you're good to go.
If the above did not work, verify that all the files in the zip ended up in the right locations when you extracted:
* loveglados.bsp should be in your portal\maps\ folder
* a folder named "loveglados" containing "folderinfo.bns", "loveglados.bns", "loveglados_challenge.bns", and loveglados.tga" should be in your portal\maps\ folder
* a folder named "graxthal" containing "graxthal.vmt", "graxthal.vtf" should be in your portal\materials\vgui\ folder
INSTALLATION: GHETTO WAY
Note: this method does not allow you to see my map in your Bonus Maps section and does not allow you to access the challenge modes on it.
1. Extract loveglados.bsp to your portal\maps\ folder
2. Launch Portal and type "map loveglados" in the console.
To open the console hit "`" (tilde), first ensuring that you have your console enabled by looking in Options -> Keyboard -> Advanced.
email: gracks [at] gmail [dot] com
Thanks to the people who helped by playtesting the many versions of LoveGLaDOS. I learned new ways of beating my own map by watching their demos. I also learned that people have strangely different brains.
Testers: Max Farley, J. Hofer, Marshall Crumiller, WildBiftek, Ted Reinders, John Wasack, Justin Wasack, Dallas Middleton, Bailey Overton, Chethan Bedi, Arnold Kim, Ian Shadden, Peter Dannenberg, Walter Lucman, Han Kim, ImmortalAlien, Santos L. Halper.
Pros: deffinately the best fanmade portal map I've played so far you've done everything correctly in it, the right difficulty level, perfect lighting, and you even made GlaDOS fit in very well...
Improvements: none really except that the checkmarks by the doors have to be mirrored.
Notes: I simply love it
I finished this map yesterday. 'Tis was a great map, one of the best custom Portal maps I've played. Many of these puzzles were new and creative without going into teeth-grinding difficulty.
That being said, I also felt that this map had good pacing, but felt slightly short. Then again, I tend to tear through Portal maps, but that's just me.
I award you a 10/10. Keep it up.
Just finished playing this map. The puzzles are very well designed and implemented. It was fun and interesting to play. Some parts could have been a little bit more challenging, but overall it was a thoroughly designed map.
The only part I had a tiny bit of trouble with is the last part with the rocket. I kept trying to kill it with its own rockets (which doesn't work) rather than realizing there was glass to break.
I would hope to see more Portal maps from you in the future.
PS. Any relation to "Dr. Strangelove" (How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb)? Awesome movie.