SURF_LORE by Target Practice
- This map is a sectioned skill surf.
- There are 7 levels to complete, with an additional 2 bonus levels, and 3 jails.
- Find the secrets and beat the map.
- Each section contains a seperate and unique theme/texture scheme. Custom textures are included.
... Upon spawning, you have 5 minutes to complete the map. Should you fail to complete within the timelimit you will be taken to jail 1. If you complete the map within the timelimit, you will be rewarded in jail 2. If you enter a secret code, you can enable Jail 3.
... For each time you fail to complete a level, 5hp will be taken from your health. If your health gets too low then you have the option to fall back by pressing the red button to return to the previous level. How much will you sacrifice to stay alive?
... When the timer runs out, you are taken to a jail where you recieve a specific gun depending upon how far you get in the map.
For example: If you reach level 5 when the timer runs out, you will recieve an m4. If you only reach level 2, then you will recieve just a deagle. etc.
Players must battle it out in a gg/fy 2fort style mini map and kill the opposing team before their time runs out.
... Upon completing the map within the timelimit you will be rewarded with a second jail for easy kills.
... It's a surprise.
... Complete the 2 bonus sections to recieve special rewards.
- Many thanks go to DragonRock and Solidsurf.
- Special thanks go to Buck Nasty for the skybox. Apologies for lack of such credit in the map.
- Further thanks to the original author of the 'toon' textures from cs1.6, and to FAJ for advice and inspiration.
- I appreciate the critisisms and ideas throughout the making of this map.
- Thankyou to the entire DragonRock Clan and Community, and specifically Nelioneil.
If you have any problems or queries about this map then feel free to contact me:
- xfire: targetpractice808
- STEAM Friends: Target Practice
Enjoy the map and please assess it.
Pros: Great surf, hard but not too hard. It's just enough to keep people trying.
Good looking textures and each level is totaly different
Cons: a noticed a glitch in one ramp but only hit it twice
Improvements: glitch fix, other the that its perfect
Pros: Difficult surf, well designed and for the most part good looking levels. Jail design is freshly implemented.
Cons: Rewarded for level 2 with Deagle, then level three gets the comparatively close-range shotgun? Occasional sticking on the third level ramp (first one off the starting platform).
Improvements: Perhaps different levels of weapons, a little more detail on some of the later levels, aesthetic only. Not sure if the third level ramp just sticks for any reason at all.
Pros: - tough surf
- appealing to the eyes
- unique jail system
- no sticky ramps (that I ran into)
- fun overall
- well implemented escalation of difficulty
- well rewarding without being overly generous
Cons: - some of the texures are recycled throughout
Improvements: - try to use more variety in textures
Notes: Overall I find this map to have a perfect difficulty. It's hard and challenging, but if you're good enough you can consistently get pretty far in the map. The jail is one I haven't seen in a long time, if ever, and really accentuates to the unique and fun aspects of the map. To be honest, I find it hard to give maps a full 10 out of 10 because that calls for perfection, but the only thing that I could find that I didn't like about the map as a hole was the recycling of textures. However, that isn't reason enough to knock a whole point off of the score I've given it because the textures don't add or take away from the map's fun challenging, yet fun, surf or the jail's uniqueness for that matter. Congrats on making a map that is challenging for the average surfer, and still has fun aspects for the rest of the lot to enjoy for the holiday break from school.