Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
I've taken on a lot of people's suggestions and changed the map a lot. The bases are now a lot more open, and the spawns are a little more organised. Enjoy!
- Lower spawn removed.
- Corridor just off the lower spawn has been increased in size.
- The two corridors leading into each base have been merged inside the base, meaning there is now a lot more space.
- Minecarts now come round a split second faster. Should make it impossible for a Scout to run out of the bases without stopping.
- Everybody now spawns upstairs in the top spawn. To compensate, the respawn room has been removed and everybody now spawns outside on the balcony. The balcony is now a lot bigger and looks better. Also, there are now two ways out of the upper spawn.
- New route into the flag room, you take the left entrance into the flag room and you carry on going forward. This route leads you into the back of the flag room, just to the left of the desk.
- Engineers can no longer build on the crane in the middle of the map. They can, however, build on the bits either side of it.
- Flag room is now more spacious, having removed two of the middle terminals and knocking down a railing/wall.
- Exit out of the bases into the sniper room and the upper route has been rearranged. You no longer run through the sniper room to get outside, the sniper room is it's own room. Space has been increased in this area.
- Sniper room windows have been increased in size. They are now as big as the windows in 2fort, which should make it easier for snipers. Snipers also now have cover to duck behind inside the sniper room, and they now have a lot more room to move around in.
- The boarded up section of the mine route has been unboarded and the junk removed. This gives more space to duck into in the mine.
- The left route (from ctf_quarry) into the base has had it's door size increased.
- Staircases in each base have been re-arranged.
- Bug fixes/texture fixes. For example, no more sniping people as they come out of spawn!
- Optimization! Should run slightly better (in terms of FPS) in the middle now.
- Some confusing/silly things removed, eg, Ladders in Blu base.
- More eye candy! I've added two more inaccessible rooms to each base. A board room overlooking the desert, and an electro-magnetic death-ray gun bunker. These rooms can be found in the new route into the flag room, and the new spawn for each team.
- More clipping. Should make it easier to navigate the map.
- Added a default round time of 15 minutes. After this, sudden death (4 minutes, I think) will occur.
PROS: Nice design, well-executed.
CONS: the CUSTOM TIMELIMIT overriding the server limit. I CANNOT stress this enough. Servers have begun to revert to v1 because of this- IT NEEDS FIXING NOW! An otherwise lovely map ends up not getting played because admins (understandably) wish to retain control about their server's behavior.
What is up with the damn default 15min round time?
I was just about ready to put this on my server, but then i saw that shit while testing.
Please remove it so people have the right to chose themself how they want to play this game.
- Nice design, great idea for a map.
- Easy to memorize/learn.
- Hallways still seem cramped at spots. Almost seems like Soldiers/Splash damage classes(including heavy) dominate once you get into a base.
- Only 2 real access points to a base. Limits access and creates a Stalemate type situation.
- Center feels.. Useless.
- Increase hallways, and also widen them a tad more.
- Intel room still feels a little cramped, really hard to duck shoot sentries out. Hallway by Intel since being near a spawn point is hard to knock out sentries. Promotes spawn camping, which valid on a lot of servers, is also invalid on a lot of other servers.
- Great map, with a few fixes could be a superb map. Center seems a little arbitrary in large play.
Pros: well made
Cons: layout means its very hard to cap intel due to limited routes into base and outside whilst nice is bascically jsut filler, theres no real need to attack just defend on this map
the carts are great but could do with more mine tunnels going into different areas of base, between the carts sgs and lack of paths, its impossible to get the intel. and it does play liek 2fort, which isnt a good thing as i hate 2fort :p
Pros: Amazing design
Cons: This map turns the game into Sentry-Fortress, and it can become absolutely impossible to penetrate the enemies base when they have 4+ sentries.
Improvements: Create another entry to the enemies base, and widen the existing entries (make it slightly easier for the attacking team).
Pros: Just look at the map this map is a 10/10
If people dont vote a 10 for this map they better leave fpsbanana and play some crappy surf maps.
1 remark. Very hard to cap the intel, looks also a bit like 2fort.
Ok, I have it on the -=VIA=- server's mapcycle if you wanna give it a go. 18.104.22.168:27025
I have one complaint, its a ctf_ map, and on the larger servers(32man) ctf isn't so good gameplay-wise. Perhaps in future you could release a cp_ version of the map? I know we would definitely play it. Great job on the map btw.
Pros: HUGE improvement with the spawn area!
Cons: Your carts are still evil. Nah.... that's not really a con - I like the carts!
Improvements: Unless you can find a way to make the file size smaller.... none. I think this map looks amazing and it's well thought out. Good job!!!
I like the roominess in the base better, but now it seems like the players spawn too close to the intel. You have to go through that main room with the ramp in order to get in/out of the intel room, and defenders spawn almost immediately above the entrances.
What if players spawed in a separate room back behind where the map on the wall is, making them run across the balcony?
I also liked having the resupply on the lower level in the first version.
Still a lot of fun though.