Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Announcement! Since FPSBanana has become very unreliable, I'll go ahead and give you the link to an older site I used that contains this map. You can find this map at The Snark Pit
It was bound to happen, and meant to do it sooner. I've updated the map to the official Valve entities for KotH. Have fun everyone!
Important!! The file has been optimized. All of the required files are zipped into the bsp, there is only one file to worry about . . . the BSP.
Updated Once more!!
1) Added a skybox! Credit goes to Lost for his excellent skybox I found on FPSBanana
2) Due to some complaints about the hold timer being too short, and previously too long, I have increased the hold timer to 8 minutes. That should be long enough o allow everyone a fun time. I believe I also added rounds, so if this timer becomes a burden, let me know and I'll change it again.
3) I finally remembered the cubemaps!
4) Fixed several graphical errors from before.
As always, enjoy, and spread the word.
Also, I'm currently working on a new forest themed arena map. Expect it within the next couple months.
In-Game Instructions pop-up:
Twisted - version 3
King of the Hill
Capture and defend "The Hill" from the enemy team. First team to hold "The Hill" for a total of eight minutes wins.
- The timer displayed in the HUD is for the team who currently holds "The Hill"
- If the opposing team takes "The Hill" from your team, your timer will not reset but remain paused untill you recapture the hill.
- The enemy only wins win their timer reaches zero.
King of the Hill style map
Read the in-game instructions to learn how to play.
Just extract the contents of this zip file into:
Steam\SteamApps\[your steam account]\team fortress 2\tf\maps
For dedicated servers, you'll need to created the compressed file yourself (and be sure to include the objective file)
-Each side now has 2 spawn rooms (each with an invisibe cover to prevent demoman spawn camping.
- 4 new platforms
- Harder to get knocked off the map (you'll only be able to get knocked off in the center and the place you're not supposed to be.
version 4 finalized: October 15, 2008
Help me better my mapper by providing comments to this map at:
I was playing on this map, and i sound it to be really fun.
My only comment would be to add some textures to the stage. I think a cool metallic texture would look pretty good, and it'll fit with the stage.
But overall, a really good, fast paced map, thats fun to play.
Posted by owlruler
I don't know but it was about a month ago when it happened
Then you were playing on an old version. I only uploaded a new, fixed version just a week ago.
If you ever find a server playing the one without a sky, please let the admins know that there is now a fixed version available here.