- Two additional points were added to the map (one new point in each side area). This also comes with additional cart tracks and such for both.
- Multiple entryways into the window room overlooking the points in House A.
- Another entryway added to the area overlooking the 2nd cap in House B.
- Added health/ammo patch overlays for most of the health/ammo kits in the map.
- Extended the skybox for the central area (better for rocket/sticky jumping).
Changes also come with some additional clipping to some spots, optimization (obviously), and some minor fixes to things here and there. Since this is an alpha build, I do expect some bugs and such with the map that I did not catch during testing. Please let me know of any bugs or issues. Any and all feedback is appreciated.
As far as why I made this, I liked the idea of the 3rd stage of pl_thundermountain being its own map due to its more simple and straightforward design and I felt that it was more interesting than the rest of the map's other stages. Since I have not really seen much in the way of altered versions of pl_thundermountain out there, at least not publicly, I figured I'd go ahead and do that. Hopefully its a fun change of pace for people who like payload maps.
Aside from Gamebanana, this map will also be on the workshop, which you can find here: pl_thundertower
Finally, the Gamebanana version comes with files for both players and server owners for convenience purposes. There is no difference between them outside of the server files being in bz2 format. Players should simply install the files in the client folder. As for which files are necessary to play the map, only the .bsp file is required. The other files are either for showing the menu thumbnails (because I'm super fancy like that) or the nav pathing for bots if you plan on using bots in the map (you can generate your own if you want though).