This mod, with approval from the original hack creator, attempts to surpass the existing GameBanana upload of Sonic 3: D.A. Garden Edition with the following extra features:
- Boss areas adjusted for widescreen play
- Title screen, level title cards, and closing credits adjusted to credit original author D.A. Garden
- New palettes
- Visual quirks resulting from a straight A.I.R. import (e.g., Mushroom Hill palette changes, Flying Battery backgrounds, empty or misused space after level endings) corrected for A.I.R.
- Level/object layouts adjusted to work within A.I.R. limitations (e.g., Death Egg platform movements prevented progress in A.I.R. before adjustments)
- Level/object layouts adjusted to work with A.I.R. features (e.g., approaching Sonic's Hydrocity boss as Knuckles does not softlock the player)
- Transitions between some zones adjusted for better flow (e.g., entering Carnival Night from Marble Garden gives both the correct staring position and entrance animation)
- Areas where walls were marked unclimbable with no visual indicator adjusted
This mod requires A.I.R. v20.05.30.0 or later to play. The latest stable version fits this requirement.
This mod does not borrow any code from the previous GameBanana version; the two versions were developed independently.