The map linked above was my first ever attempt to combine ZM+ZE into one map. However, I failed to do so. This zm_winter_helicopter is my most recent attempt, and I think this fits in ZM gamemode, rather than my previous submission.
Both this map zm_winter_helicopter and ze_winter_warehouse are the successor of that first version of this map, hence I treat both maps as v2.
- zm_winter_helicopter is a town/city-themed map.
- Old version was not that good, so this is a remake.
- This map is inspired by ATIX helicopter.
- This map combines both ZM aspects (barricading), and ZE aspects (escaping).
- It has 64 player spawns, some spots to barricade, or to hold.
- There are many buildings containing one or more barricading/defending spot.
- Players can choose to play regular ZM by just barricading/defending in a spot (however they would still die by the nuke), or they can escape with the helicopter.
- There are two helicopters.
- There is a secret teleport room that can be unlocked with the right code. Different codes will change the teleport destination.
- Humans can either choose a spot to defend/barricade just like in regular ZM, or they can go to the roof to enter the helicopter that will approach them after a certain amount of time.
- Attack humans in the barricading/defending spot.
- Try to enter the helicopter and trigger the nuke before the timer runs out.
Changelog (v1 to v2)
- The entire map layout is completely different. Rather than lila panic-like buildings, I made a whole new town layout.
- Changed from daytime to dusk/dawn-time.
- Helicopter has been changed, I decided to use the prefab made by AuroraF: https://gamebanana.com/prefabs/2742
If there are bugs in the map, please notify me and i'll try to fix it.