"An after-hours bar robbery has gone wrong and the remaining staff have been taken hostage.
Counter-Terrorists: The first Police on the scene were massacred in cold blood. The use of lethal force has been authorized, but get those hostages out ALIVE or risk stiff fines! Three Hostages are believed to be being held - one on each floor. Fiber optic cameras have been placed in two locations to help locate hostages and terrorist.
Terrorist: Hold off the special-forces assault and your demands will be met (Harley Davidson Motorcycle, Monster Truck and all). Make sure to watch out for assault from any direction and be wary of snipers in the surrounding buildings."
All textures, sprites and models by FatDog or other people who are more tallented than FatDog
'Blitzkrieg Bop' by the Ramones
Author's Original Readme/Notes:
This is my first map attempt and it is based on a bar in Calgary, Alberta, combined with the Velvet Elvis (now Velvet E. due to litigation on the part of the Elvis estate) located in Houston, Texas. I was going to include the topless Mona Lisa picture (found in the real Velvet E.) but decided against it.
Textures used come from cs_robbery.wad, cs_havana.wad, cstrike.wad and halflife.wad, the “Slim Pig” TV show and Tim Horton’s doughnut shops. I think that’s all, but I could be wrong.
The two dead guy models come from cs_highsociety.
“Blitzkrieg Bop” is by the Ramones, the police radio chatter is care of the L.A.P.D. and the fan noise is off of a sound effects web site.
- the map is for a maximum of 12 players (6 per side)
- there are 3 hostage rescue zones, two at street level, one in the sewers
- all doors open with “use”
- the back doors on the red van open
- the fire escape ladder is triggered by shooting the red and white handle
- breakable one-way glass in bar office
- shooting the control panel in the bar office shuts off the music as does toggling the bar’s main power
- destroying the fire axe opens the door. note that it is possible to shoot through the door to destroy the fire axe, thus opening the door from the outside
- destroying the fire axe when the power is off will lock the door for good
- there is a shotgun near the dead police officers
- hostages fit down the sewer entrance in the bar as well as the one in the hallway of the apartment block
- I attempted to make it feel very open and look like a realistic street so there is a bit of forced/distorted perspective going on
- the pig is a stand in for a real pig sculpture in the downtown Calgary +15 (2nd story enclosed connecting bridges)