MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!Mystic Jungle has gone through some...interesting changes, huh?
The Sonic Forces Overclocked - Eclipse Forest Demo features the majority of Eclipse Forest, the fourth stage of Overclocked's first chapter. I say majority since a new double boost section with tweaks to the system will be included in the final version of the stage.
Eclipse Forest is a revamped version of Luminous Forest with brand new level design and some completely new areas! This stage has been in development for almost 10 months, so we're excited to finally get this out to you guys!
BONUS: 4 new Avatar Cosmetics! (Replaces Gamer Hat and Sanic T-Shirts)
Following a distress signal, Sonic & the Avatar once again enter the depths of Mystic Jungle, now thrown directly into the center of a massive snowstorm created by the Phantom Ruby. Not only has the diverse wildlife survived, but it now thrives in the icy environment, growing ever more carnivorous and deadly as a result of the Phantom Ruby's influence.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW - PLEASE READ!!!
If you are experiencing random crashes or freezing, this is because sound modding in Sonic Forces is incredibly painful and buggy.
TO FIX THIS:
1. Download PackCPK from here: https://github.com/blueskythlikesclouds/SkythTools
2. MAKE A COPY OF wars_patch.cpk in your steamapps\common\SonicForces\image\x64\disk folder and place it somewhere SAFE. DO NOT DELETE THIS COPY IF YOU DON'T WANT THE GAME'S FILES TO BE OVERWRITTEN!
3. Open the original (NOT THE COPY) wars_patch.cpk using PackCPK.
4. Place/copy the sound folder from inside the mod into the wars_patch folder. After this, you can remove the sound folder from the mod itself.
5. Use PackCPK to repack the wars_patch folder.
Now, you should be able to play without crashes. When you are done playing the mod, replace the edited wars_patch cpk with your copy. You will have to repeat these steps each time you play the mod, so it's probably a good idea to just go and make a copy of the edited one, too. (Unless you don't care about the dialogue and sounds)
ALSO - Make sure that 'Enable Save File Redirection' IS ENABLED IN THE SETTINGS TAB OF YOUR HEDGEMODMANAGER! You will also need to recreate your Avatar.
If you run into any more trouble, feel free to leave a comment below.