As of 07-Dec-2019 a smaller update which fixes the homing attack issue has been implemented with a solution given by: BoostedBandCamp . It also slightly improves some textures with colour corrections and adds about 50 new objects to the level mostly to prevent cheap deaths and a couple new pick-ups/intractable objects.
As of 06-Dec-2019 a major overhaul by has been implemented which improves texture quality and variety along with a true loop for the ADX music track (no longer stops after 12 minutes and is now a much smaller file). To bring this mod even further into the future consider his other mods to modernise the experience with this one even further:
* HD Modern Models Pack : https://gamebanana.com/skins/172923
* Modern Animations Pack : https://gamebanana.com/skins/173139
Replaces Eternal Engine (Tail's final level) with an Aquatic Base (Sonic 2006) inspired level, beatable and A-rank-able by any of the 6 main characters (designed around each akin to Sonic 2006).
Use either of the following to allow character selection:
Character Select PLUS: https://gamebanana.com/guis/35023 by Justin113D
Character Select MOD: https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6301 by MainMemory (tested with)
Green = by // Red = by HoppyBoppyBunny
* Music set to Aquatic Base act 1.
* Textures upgraded to either Sonic 2006, updated originals or plain originals.
* Level design, fairly major, rather than messy design of some of my prior efforts build elements around each play style so have to re-play level as each character type to 100% explore.
* As usual added about 10 more gold bugs, akin to Soleana silver medals from Sonic 2006, 1 is only accessible by the treasure hunters and another only by speed characters (probably).
* After invisibility pick-up runs out sometimes take damage.
* Using bounce attack near air-locks *can* sometimes cause you to fall infinitely, have tried to patch up a couple by placing extra objects underneath.
* Instances of camera cramp and jitter, particularly with non-speed characters in a couple of places.
* Visual errors due to some objects not being best suited for new art style, for example 'holes' in coral reefs or invisible sides to some objects in certain places.
How the level plays:
For mechs: Like a harder version of Internal Engine with more hazards and foes and some slightly re-worked areas, consider it an "adjustment" rather than overhaul. (Difficulty = moderate/hard with easy A rank)
For treasure hunters: Heavy exploration focus with major time-skips possible, basically if they had classic Sonic-style levels rather than treasure hunting. (Difficulty = easy/somewhat tougher to A rank however)
For speed: Similar to Aquatic Base in Sonic 2006, lots of boxes with pick-ups, more foes and exploration, couple of diverging paths and skips. (Difficulty = moderate)